Things you'd like inventing that haven't been invented yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How about vehicles,mainly cars that self indicate when they're turning,pulling out etc. By the way most drive these days you'd think the drivers of many vehicles on our roads thought they'd already been invented!:dry:

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
An M&S woolen sweater ( made in Mauritius or wherever) that doesn't either shrink or turn into a mini-skirt after two washes.

I'm sure Madam Poppy wouldn't mind your boil wash jumpers... :unsure:

IMG_3420_small.jpg

Having fallen over getting out of the shower this week and knocking myself out for a bit I suddenly realised that now I live alone if I was to really hurt myself no one would know and in lockdown potentially for weeks.

I’m an IT person and not that old surely I could set up something that triggers an alert message to a friend if not checked in for say 24hrs as a middle aged very fit single man it’s not something that crossed my mind but it’s so easily done, I never thought I could or would slip and fall over and definitely not smack my head on the sink in the process that could have ended very badly.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Having fallen over getting out of the shower this week and knocking myself out for a bit I suddenly realised that now I live alone if I was to really hurt myself no one would know and in lockdown potentially for weeks.

I’m an IT person and not that old surely I could set up something that triggers an alert message to a friend if not checked in for say 24hrs as a middle aged very fit single man it’s not something that crossed my mind but it’s so easily done, I never thought I could or would slip and fall over and definitely not smack my head on the sink in the process that could have ended very badly.
I too live alone and have a fear of serious sudden illness or a serious accident and no one finding me for ages. I've thought about something like this. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/socia...ersonal-alarms-security-systems-and-keysafes/

Sharky

Guru
I would like somebody to invent a power tool(eg drill) case which had a built in compartment for holding a box set of drill bits and also room enough to get the power lead back in easily and still able to close the lid on the first attempt!

Cerdic

I would like somebody to invent a power tool(eg drill) case which had a built in compartment for holding a box set of drill bits and also room enough to get the power lead back in easily and still able to close the lid on the first attempt!

Yes, this!

My drill case has a moulded section that holds a UK plug no problem, but getting the lead coiled up and the lid shut is like something from the Crystal Maze...

Top Bottom