Things you'd like inventing that haven't been invented yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A pint glass that never empties.
I have such a glass, I make sure to top it up if it gets anywhere near half full.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How about a device that 'speaks' in the CC posters/members accents. I sometimes read members posts in their how i imagine them to be accents (if they give their location,or other clues etc). Also...my phone has a thing that reads text messages back to you if you want. Why can't phones read your messages back to you in a certain dialect if you want them to?🤔

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm working on a teleporting device that forwards litter thrown from cars to the driver's bed. The same device, with a little fettling, will also teleport dog waste that the owner has bagged and left on the path straight into the offender's pocket.
How about making your device also capable of putting that bag of dog shoot on their car seat,just as they're about to sit down.:whistle:

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Mild Logic Pill.

This pill makes people start thinking a bit more logically and will remove silliness from the human race. Buuuut, we want mild logic because if you get too logical then you forget about people's feelings and emotions.
It's ultimately logical to consider other people's feelings and emotions. Mild logic might make you forget that. You want a hard logic pill.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
After spending about an hour removing the two concrete blocks from my washing machine, so I could single-handedly get it down the stairs and into the front yard... i was thinking about using water instead of concrete to provide the weight needed to stop it wobbling all over the place. A large water tank (eg, 30ltr/30kg) around the front/top of the drum, with baffles to stop it sloshing could be filled on installation and emptied when needing to be moved would make it much easier to get in and out.

winjim

Smash the cistern
After spending about an hour removing the two concrete blocks from my washing machine, so I could single-handedly get it down the stairs and into the front yard... i was thinking about using water instead of concrete to provide the weight needed to stop it wobbling all over the place. A large water tank (eg, 30ltr/30kg) around the front/top of the drum, with baffles to stop it sloshing could be filled on installation and emptied when needing to be moved would make it much easier to get in and out.
Already invented.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-40821915

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I knew someone would have thought of it before (I know i have... when i first tried to get a washing machine up a flight of stairs, 18 years ago)... and why isn't it standard? Surely there's a simple reason?? Risk of leakage maybe; the tank might split after three years of rigarous vibrations? I've already thought about turning the liquid into a jelly so it could never leak, but turning the jelly back into water to empty it is beyond me :smile:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I knew someone would have thought of it before (I know i have... when i first tried to get a washing machine up a flight of stairs, 18 years ago)... and why isn't it standard? Surely there's a simple reason?? Risk of leakage maybe; the tank might split after three years of rigarous vibrations? I've already thought about turning the liquid into a jelly so it could never leak, but turning the jelly back into water to empty it is beyond me :smile:
I've got some stuff for the kids that turns bath water to jelly, then you put some other stuff in to liquify it again. I'm sure some clever chemists could sort it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
How about a device that 'speaks' in the CC posters/members accents. I sometimes read members posts in their how i imagine them to be accents (if they give their location,or other clues etc). Also...my phone has a thing that reads text messages back to you if you want. Why can't phones read your messages back to you in a certain dialect if you want them to?🤔
Didn't you used to be able to get your sat nav to talk to you in the voice of Stephen Fry or Joanna Lumley or whoever? Maybe you still can.

Top Bottom