Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste

Lullabelle

Banana
To my work colleagues who come in to the office absolutely reeking of aftershave/perfume... what on earth are you trying to hide?? :cursing: Please, puh-lease give my sinuses a break!

I have a colleague who likes to bath in perfume and brag about all the bottles of branded perfumes she has, the fact that they stink is irrelevant although I should imagine her sense of smell has diminished after breathing in so many chemicals.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I have a colleague who likes to bath in perfume and brag about all the bottles of branded perfumes she has, the fact that they stink is irrelevant although I should imagine her sense of smell has diminished after breathing in so many chemicals.
:laugh: Yes, we have many like that where I work. I could probably just skip the shower, and come in to the office wearing Eau de cycliste en sueur, and these people wouldn't know the difference.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Although the average person does have a shower and might wear something, not to hide anything per say, but just because they like the smell, that's all. I sometimes use aftershave moisturiser, I am clean, I have showered, I am not hiding anything, I just like the smell and it helps prevent me getting dry skin.

Aftershave does mask the stink of shaving foam (the whole point of it), although a shower often helps remove that smell too anyway, and is far better. I know one or two people who always smell of shaving foam, they don't seem to take the hint and it isn't pleasant, so aftershave is better than nothing!

The people who genuinely stink are unaware of the fact (as mentioned) or worse, simply don't care, so it takes a special kind of person to not wash and then believe that they can fool people with aftershave/perfume.

Besides, if you actually need a shower after cycling in then I bet you wont be too fragrant by the end of the day yourself!! :whistle:

Oh and Coffee makes yer breath smell of sh*te too, so if you drink it, keep your mouth shut!! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Although the average person does have a shower and might wear something, not to hide anything per say, but just because they like the smell, that's all. I sometimes use aftershave moisturiser, I am clean, I have showered, I am not hiding anything, I just like the smell and it helps prevent me getting dry skin.

Aftershave does mask the stink of shaving foam (the whole point of it), although a shower often helps remove that smell too anyway, and is far better. I know one or two people who always smell of shaving foam, they don't seem to take the hint and it isn't pleasant, so aftershave is better than nothing!

The people who genuinely stink are unaware of the fact (as mentioned) or worse, simply don't care, so it takes a special kind of person to not wash and then believe that they can fool people with aftershave/perfume.

Besides, if you actually need a shower after cycling in then I bet you wont be too fragrant by the end of the day yourself!! :whistle:

Oh and Coffee makes yer breath smell of sh*te too, so if you drink it, keep your mouth shut!! :laugh:
How do you drink coffee without opening your mouth?

Nihal

Veteran
:laugh: Yes, we have many like that where I work. I could probably just skip the shower, and come in to the office wearing Eau de cycliste en sueur, and these people wouldn't know the difference.
You could do it,not shower,so there is actually a smell that smells when they come near and balance can be restored in the universe.

I hate perfume,sometimes people who use it too.My nose goes nuts when it comes anywhere near it and then there is dust mite shoot,can't escape that anywhere.
I have an allergy,you don't.So when I'm sniffling and dying a painful leaky death,consider yourself lucky that you don't have one and don't complain that you can't stand the sound:cursing:

Last edited:

Christopher

Über Member
If you arrange a caving trip months in advance and then cancel it the night before, it would be nice to let me know via the moby phone number I gave you before I hack out to the meeting point to find no-one there. You have done that twice already, once more and I am going to tell you to jump in the lake. Especially as you haven't seen fit to supply your number to me so I can check!

Top Bottom