Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Raising money for a good cause is always a good thing but posting a selfie of yourself with no make up on for cancer research and then posting about how brave you are for doing it is just gross. You are not brave you are shallow 'look at me', just put your hand in your pocket/purse, I am sure research would benefit a whole lot more from a few quid than a stupid picture.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Can I massage your thighs, Davina?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Raising money for a good cause is always a good thing but posting a selfie of yourself with no make up on for cancer research and then posting about how brave you are for doing it is just gross. You are not brave you are shallow 'look at me', just put your hand in your pocket/purse, I am sure research would benefit a whole lot more from a few quid than a stupid picture.

What a useless campaign. I never knew all those selfies were meant to raising awareness for charity until I read this.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
What a useless campaign. I never knew all those selfies were meant to raising awareness for charity until I read this.
how can you possibly say that raising awareness of cancer is useless? cancer research have had an influx of over 2 million pounds in 48 hours!
THAT is what happens when social media finally gets something right.
that said i bet there's a load of marketing execs somewhere smashing their heads against a wall that they didn't think of it. viral? not arf!

for today's thing i'd like to say:
Please, continue talking, you've not let me get a word in edgeways for 3 whole minutes and it doesn't look like you've any sign of stopping, you've told me your problem in 4 different ways so far, asked me 3 questions but completely failed to let me even finish drawing breath and all because you're in a massive flap.
hilariously i fixed the issue within the first minute of the call but as you won't let me tell you i'll just sit here until you're finished.
6. YES SIX minutes later i was allowed to draw breath, cough and tell you that i'd..... no, no go ahead you keep talking.
Oh it's fixed itself has it? brill, you just pootle off then.
(kermit the frog moment)
sheesh.

subaqua

What’s the point
so you want all of us to work this weekend and next weekend and the weekend after because your build team were over 12 weeks late letting the services install start . are you coming in with a brush and a shovel to get areas clear ahh , thought as much. well in that case go f*** yourself . I will do tomorrow as my immediate manager would like to get some life safety systems proved and it really is easier at weekends but next week is mothers day so am taking my wife and kids out as thanks to tosspots like you i havent seen much of them for the last few weeks , and the week after is wifes birthday and your oh so smug project mangler ( sic) didn't come in on a normal day for his wifes birthday and pulled a sickie.

deeep breath and calm

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
@Melonfish I did not say that raising awareness for cancer was useless. What I said was that the campaign was useless. I was aware of the all the selfies but until today I thought it was some kind of pointless fad. I had no idea until I read the above post that the profusion of makeup less selfies was to raise awareness for cancer. So therefore as a socile media campaign it may well have missed its mark, it certainly passed me by, no one in my network mentioned it was a campaign, there's no point in it being viral if the message is not getting through.

Unfortunaly or fortunatly depending on your point of view, most folk are aware of cancer in all its forms. My wife and I raised £7200.00 for Cancer Research last year, I personally donate 2 units of platelets every two weeks to help cancer patients directly.

sazzaa

My take on the whole cancer selfie thing was that it's possible people will donate £3 by text, then not bother to donate, say, a fiver or a tenner to the next person they know doing a race for life... Because, you know, they've done their bit already...

Loved how everyone was taking perfectly clear professional looking pics of the northern lights a few weeks ago but when it comes to makeup-less selfies their camera pics are suddenly resembling those of a 10 year old phone camera. A LOT of soft focus and badly lit rooms going on...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Nowhere and at no time did we ever say we were trying to deliver a model of "best practise", whoever and however any one defines that, we will cross those bridges when we come to them, so take your pout and carping and co-opted imaginary offence of the non-existent employee we have yet to hire and shove it .

what I said was "Thank you for your feedback."

rvw

Guru
Why, oh why, have you bothered applying for a job quoting entirely the wrong job title? If we wanted a ward administrator or a data entry clerk, we would have said so. But no, we advertised for a charity administrator. Which means we'd like to recruit a charity administrator.

So please don't bang on about how good you are with patient-specific software which is irrelevant for the job.

Oh, and if you really want to work for a charity, I suggest that it would be a good idea to include the word "charity" somewhere in your supporting information. We don't need actual charity experience as such - but we do want to see that you have actually read the job description and not just copied some previous application for an unrelated admin job.

(I have no chance to say this: all the applications are via an online system. Which means I have to review tons of rubbish applications, and score each one against every single criterion from the job description, regardless of whether they are remotely suitable for the job - just so that I can get the system to let me invite the ones I know I want for interview.

And... breathe....)

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Why, oh why, have you bothered applying for a job quoting entirely the wrong job title? If we wanted a ward administrator or a data entry clerk, we would have said so. But no, we advertised for a charity administrator. Which means we'd like to recruit a charity administrator.

So please don't bang on about how good you are with patient-specific software which is irrelevant for the job.

Oh, and if you really want to work for a charity, I suggest that it would be a good idea to include the word "charity" somewhere in your supporting information. We don't need actual charity experience as such - but we do want to see that you have actually read the job description and not just copied some previous application for an unrelated admin job.

(I have no chance to say this: all the applications are via an online system. Which means I have to review tons of rubbish applications, and score each one against every single criterion from the job description, regardless of whether they are remotely suitable for the job - just so that I can get the system to let me invite the ones I know I want for interview.

And... breathe....)
Sounds like a lot of agro for a job, but what do I know I haven't had a job for 25 years

perplexed

Guru
Why, car insurance company, are you charging me £9 extra on my premium because I altered the start date by 24 hours?

I hasten to add, this wasn't an amendment. I was setting it up but realised I'd left a days gap between the old policy expiring and the new one starting. So I shuffled it forward by a day, and up went the quote. WTF?

I would have said all this to them, but naturally couldn't feckin' get through on the premium rate number.

I hate them and the policy hasn't even started yet.

Top Bottom