Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
To the new-ish lady working at our office upstairs...

Dear R,
Stop being a f***ing racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should probably think of a way to say this to her with a little more tact than I envision in my head (and less smacking).

classic33

Leg End Member
Makes you wonder how you can know the people/person are/is a troll though?

Although as though you know the troll in question.

Last edited:
Stop using "The Feds" to refer to local bobbies! It's such a gross misunderstanding of the meaning of the word. Countries made of a federation of states use "federal" to denote things that are national, not just in an individual state. For example Australian Federal Police, FBI or Bundespolizei. You could reasonably use it to describe the National Crime Authority, the BTP or - at a pinch - MI5. But you shouldn't use it to describe GMP or the Met (for two examples)

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Moron.
A person of a mild to moderate degree of learning difficulty (mental retardation). A person with an IQ of between 50 and 70.
The term is not used in medicine.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was reading about 'idiots', 'imbeciles' and 'morons' the other day ... I didn't realise that in the past the terms were supposed to correspond to effective mental age ranges/IQs.

classic33

Leg End Member
Idiot
A person with an IQ of between 0–25

Imbecile
A person with an IQ of between 26–50

Moron
A person with an IQ of between 50 and 70.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Idiot
A person with an IQ of between 0–25

Imbecile
A person with an IQ of between 26–50

Moron
A person with an IQ of between 50 and 70.
Fortunately the medical profession is a bit more caring these days and has given up these old, derogatory terms. But I'm sure members can think of other members who might fit into those categories in their opinions.

classic33

Leg End Member
Fortunately the medical profession is a bit more caring these days and has given up these old, derogatory terms. But I'm sure members can think of other members who might fit into those categories in their opinions.
Late 90's, not that long ago really.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Stop using "The Feds" to refer to local bobbies! It's such a gross misunderstanding of the meaning of the word. Countries made of a federation of states use "federal" to denote things that are national, not just in an individual state. For example Australian Federal Police, FBI or Bundespolizei. You could reasonably use it to describe the National Crime Authority, the BTP or - at a pinch - MI5. But you shouldn't use it to describe GMP or the Met (for two examples)

I agree - everyone knows that 5-0 is a much better name for the forces of law and order. ^_^

Except in Manchester where they're known as 'Dibble', or were last time I was there.

Top Bottom