Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Anything really

Svendo

Guru
Black ones never belonged to the council, you need a green one. Otherwise they'll fine you for using the wrong container.
Can I have my glass/metal/cardboard recycling box back please?

(The refuse collection was this morning. All of other emptied bags and boxes were left on my step as usual but one is missing. I'll have to walk around the block to see if I can spot it. If not, I'll have to phone the council and ask for another one.)
Doesn’t metal go in with plastic in the white woven polyester laundry type bag?

At ours when the new changes came in they spread all our bags and boxes up and down the street, took ages to retrieve them, sometimes from other peoples gardens, ours are clearly labelled btw. Not so bad lately but occasionally they must be in a rush ...

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member

At ours when the new changes came in they spread all our bags and boxes up and down the street, took ages to retrieve them, sometimes from other peoples gardens, ours are clearly labelled btw. Not so bad lately but occasionally they must be in a rush ...
Metal into the black container.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Metal into the black container.
Svendo is right, since they changed the rules ...!

box.png

Bag.png

My box probably did end up in someone else's yard by accident. When the replacement arrives I will paint my address on the side of it. My wheely bin already has the address painted on it. (I'm much more concerned about that one because there is a charge for replacements.)

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Yesterday I pulled up and asked a bus driver if he had considered driving lessons.
I'm not given to road rage and this is the first time I've really reacted in 10 years, but quite frankly he drove like a tit.
I'm now feeling thoroughly ashamed of myself for the outburst :sad:
At least I didn't shout and didn't swear.
Did you report him? You should.

gbb

Legendary Member
'Maaate, that looks freaking awesome :smile:'

Driving on the A1M yesterday on a 50mph section, a Suzuki Intruder rode alongside in traffic for a short while?
Harley Davidson style, judging by the size of the back wheel it must have had an enormous engine, high rise leather / studded backrest with what looked like camping gear strapped to it, rider all in black looking as relaxed and comfortable, lovely paint job on the bike....the whole package looked...well..freeking awesome, like a modern immaculate version of an American gnarley motorbiker,
And I not even a morttorbike fan.

TVC

It depends on whether your wife has a sense of humour as to whether you would get away with that. Or whether you have a sound exit strategy/good running ability. I would need the latter....:whistle:
Does your wife have a good sense of humour about her weight?

Top Bottom