Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Oh yes...of course...moan at me all you like that it's busy for me serving you- but it is half term, so either get here 15 minutes earlier....or STFU....:evil::cursing:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
[I could track the owner down to say it in person, but she was not about today...]

How lovely! I have seen roadside 'honesty boxes' before for items like flowers, eggs and honey, but this is an honesty box 'on steroids'!

View attachment 452643

View attachment 452641

View attachment 452642

The owner of this shed has turned it into a little hilltop retreat for walkers**. I was up there today with a friend and 2 dogs so we called in for a break. There are facilities to make tea or coffee, slices of cake available, and an assortment of packets of biscuits, flapjack etc. There are also free-range eggs for sale. There are seats inside, but today was lovely so we sat outside in the sunshine. While we were there, another dog walker called in and made herself a cuppa. She said she calls in often.

The views over the Calder Valley are great.

** PS And off-road cyclists!

The old Station Cafe at Naburn on the Solar Cycleway (NCN R65) runs on a similar basis much of the time

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Have we met? :biggrin:
*ponders*
Actually, maybe we have!

keithmac

Guru
How about instead of ignoring your 2 children throwing stones at the ducks & geese on the pond, whilst you talk to your friend, stop them & instil some discipline in them.

Boils my p1ss this, why can't people take charge of their kids (I have two myself!).

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Parents / Grandparents - while it's nice that you took your kids out for the day during half term, did you really expect that you were going to get a table for the 4 of you to sit at on the first train after 5pm on a notoriously overcrowded route? Did you really think that blocking the aisle and preventing others from passing / boarding while you complain loudly that you can't all sit together was appropriate or necessary?

Cavalol

Guru
Thank you for completely ignoring the pictures and description of my advert, and special thanks for ignoring the bit where I said 'no offers' by suggesting about 1/5th of the price because you're an absolute moron who's watched too much Bargain Hunt.

Lullabelle

Banana
You mean to say that you put your autistic sons needs before last nights football match :ohmy: What a bad supporter you are :dry:

Cannot believe he turned his nose up when you told him that, kudos to you-a kick in the ***** to him :angry:

Top Bottom