Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
My wife has one of these going on in her class at the moment, and the professionals are starting to think that the mother might have Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy.

I do wonder what has turned the mother that way I do hope she gets the help she clearly needs :sad:
I understand why my colleague is like this with her child, her own childhood wasn't great and so she craves attention, I sometimes think she makes up stories, so many times she has been rushed into hospital at deaths door..who knows :scratch:

Mrs M

Guru
I do wonder what has turned the mother that way I do hope she gets the help she clearly needs :sad:
I understand why my colleague is like this with her child, her own childhood wasn't great and so she craves attention, I sometimes think she makes up stories, so many times she has been rushed into hospital at deaths door..who knows :scratch:
Attention and benefits?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[I could track the owner down to say it in person, but she was not about today...]

How lovely! I have seen roadside 'honesty boxes' before for items like flowers, eggs and honey, but this is an honesty box 'on steroids'!

Honesty Box.jpg

Inside The Honesty Box.jpg

View from Honesty Box over Hebden Bridge.jpg

The owner of this shed has turned it into a little hilltop retreat for walkers**. I was up there today with a friend and 2 dogs so we called in for a break. There are facilities to make tea or coffee, slices of cake available, and an assortment of packets of biscuits, flapjack etc. There are also free-range eggs for sale. There are seats inside, but today was lovely so we sat outside in the sunshine. While we were there, another dog walker called in and made herself a cuppa. She said she calls in often.

The views over the Calder Valley are great.

** PS And off-road cyclists!

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
^^^ Wow, where is it? Whoops, I did just say that!
It is at Old Chamber, a hamlet on the hillside to the south of Hebden Bridge. There are some great walks and off-road bike routes which go past it.

There is a side to my personality that dwells on the very few people who will probably abuse the trust, but most people really appreciate what the owner has done.

I just found this article by a local photographer, also a fan.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
The government has told us to contact our top 10 suppliers and ask them what their Brexit/contingency plans are.

However, one of our top 10 suppliers is the government....

Pass it on when you get the answer

JPBoothy

Veteran
It is at Old Chamber, a hamlet on the hillside to the south of Hebden Bridge. There are some great walks and off-road bike routes which go past it.

There is a side to my personality that dwells on the very few people who will probably abuse the trust, but most people really appreciate what the owner has done.

I just found this article by a local photographer, also a fan.
I know what you mean about the 'few' abusers of all things nice but, lets hope that they won't bother getting off their lazy arses to go out and discover this little gem. A big well done and thank you to thoroughly nice person who has gone to the trouble of setting it up (and to you ColinJ for spreading the word) :okay:

Lullabelle

Banana
When brexit kicks in, where are you clearing off to? You are in a hurry to get rid of everyone else, personally I would much rather you went and took your arrogance and racism elsewhere,

Top Bottom