Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I had that. I was offered about 30% less than I was asking for. I was told that the couple were struggling to rise the money, but that wasn't my problem - I had a mortgage to clear and wanted to come out of it with money in the bank, rather than an overdraft!

They eventually offered me about 15% less and I grudgingly accepted that offer since there weren't many others and I needed to sell.

It turns out that they must have been having REAL problems because over 4 years later they still haven't finished the repairs to the property or moved in! :wacko::eek:
A bloke I know bought a house in need of repair, gutted it and rewired, did the plumbing and ceilings then lost interest and after moving in with his girlfriend sold it 12yrs later (still no plaster or 2nd fix woodwork) and made £100,000 or so profit.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Moving as Mrs ck struggles up the hill after stroke last year and she cant drive even getting a decent offer means i will have a mortgage till im 67 so if im taking all this on im damned if i am going to end up with a shoe box and also given my age the bank is not going to lend me a lot anyway so i need to get a decent offer .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A bloke I know bought a house in need of repair, gutted it and rewired, did the plumbing and ceilings then lost interest and after moving in with his girlfriend sold it 12yrs later (still no plaster or 2nd fix woodwork) and made £100,000 or so profit.
Aaaargh - I just had a look at the current house prices there ... I had the chance to buy a house for £18,000 in 1987 but the deal fell through because I was too busy at work and didn't phone my solicitor to confirm my offer when I said I would. They are going for over £300,000 now - example - quadruple drat (squared)! :eek: :laugh:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
It's one thing to send me and my other half a cheap shoot card from whichever charity pack you had left over from last year, but to include your grand daughters on that same card?
I've already spent time picking out what I thought was a damn nice card for you two and even got cards for you from your grand daughters. Spent a bit of money on them too. Won't be doing it again. Next year, you'll get the same shoot you sent to us.
Its the thought that counts I know, but when it's your own family, at least put a bit of f***ing effort into it. 😠

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
How do you live with yourselves you evil, parasitic low-lives? Preying on the elderly.

Thank goodness the police showed up just when they did.

Has Drago been chatting up my mum again? He never learns.

Top Bottom