Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't get to say "CHEEEESE"!

Out with the doggy earlier on WinterHill and sat on a rock when some lady asked me to control Tara as she didn't like dogs.
Well, excuuuuuuuuse me! Tara got in her way momentarily.
Later I passed her and had to stop again due to the usual hypo attack and Tara still off her lead running about like a nutcase.
Lady walked towards me again and I called Tara back.
Lady then stopped opposite me, fumbled about in her pockets, got out her phone and took a picture of me. She didn't say a word and just walked off.
WTF?
I was speechless.
She was probably preparing to file a 'nasty man with scary dog' report to the local police... I'm sure that they will immediately stop searching for rapists and murderers, and focus their efforts on you! :laugh:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'll go into hiding then. They'll never find me. I'm Dr Richard Kimble.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I do not care if you think your dog is friendly. Unbeknownst to you, it left the field you were walking in, and ran across the road to chase down my daughter on her school run bike. The noise of it’s aggressive barking was terrorising for her although she was just snapped at. My Rear facing GoPro footage actually makes it looks worse than it was. I am saying that because I have had dogs all my life.

What really made me angry is that it has taken over a year for her to get her confidence back after being jumped by two staffies.

The difference here compared to lots of threads up thread is that you came to my house to apologise. I respect that. But in turn I didn’t hold back on telling you how disappointed I am in that we are back at square one in rehabilitating my daughter’s confidence. I also told you that I once was witness to two dogs running out of a house and across a road to attack a cyclist. Both dogs were hit by a truck and run over. Utterly distressing. Let that sink in you distracted, irresponsible idiot.

ColinJ

I didn’t hold back on telling you how disappointed I am in that we are back at square one in rehabilitating my daughter’s confidence. I also told you that I once was witness to two dogs running out of a house and across a road to attack a cyclist. Both dogs were hit by a truck and run over. Utterly distressing. Let that sink in you distracted, irresponsible idiot.
I hope that it doesn't put your daughter off cycling altogether!

Idiot*** dog owners will NOT listen. Among my experiences...
  • A huge dog the size of a pony (a Great Dane?) was in a field and spotted me cycling up an adjacent steep lane. It leapt over the wall and ran to attack me but I u-turned and managed to sprint away down the hill before it got within savaging range. A colleague lived nearby and told me that the owner had been warned about earlier attacks but had done nothing to control the dog. It attacked a postman a few days later and was taken away and put down.
  • A laughing owner assured me that his large unleashed dalmation was "only being friendly" when it ran out into the road and leapt up at me in heavy traffic. That's alright then...
  • An angry owner refused to stop his terriers attacking me because I had "no right to be cycling on a public bridleway"!

*** i.e the irresponsible ones, NOT dog owners in general!

ColinJ

Yikes - 2 fools in 10 seconds on a ride to Lidl this afternoon!

To the driver of the oncoming red van who floored the throttle to turn right before an oncoming car arrived: "Er, hello, I am actually riding past and am in your way!"

To the old driver on the side road to my left who floored the throttle to turn onto the main road before the car behind me arrived: "Er, hello, I am actually riding past and am in your way!"

:eek: :wacko:

(Both did emergency stops when they finally noticed me. I was taking evasive action by then but would probably have been hit a glancing blow in both cases if they hadn't stopped.)

sheddy

Legendary Member
It was a bit of a shock to see it! :laugh:

I ended up trying to work out why one would need a remote control for a device that would be within easy reach when in use... :wacko:

hands free ?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Calmac can you not find somebody who knows which day of the week it is? If you put out a text message that the 1400 ferry is cancelled today why wait until the phone lines get jammed with incoming calls before putting out a correction that it is in fact tomorrow?
This happens regularly.

ColinJ

Comrades - recalculate! :laugh:

The Tories got 26,790 votes in our last general election, and Labour got 26,181. The flyer says "Only 609 more votes needed!" Well, if the Tory vote were to drop by only 1, yes, that would be true, but the reality is that any Labour gains here will be almost entirely at the expense of the Tory vote so in fact only about half that gain is needed. Labour +305, Tories -305 would do it! :okay:

ColinJ

Dont waste my times making ridiculous offers on my house if you cant get anywhere near the asking price then feck off
I had that. I was offered about 30% less than I was asking for. I was told that the couple were struggling to raise the money, but that wasn't my problem - I had a mortgage to clear and wanted to come out of it with money in the bank, rather than an overdraft!

They eventually offered me about 15% less and I grudgingly accepted that offer since there weren't many others and I needed to sell.

It turns out that they must have been having REAL problems because over 4 years later they still haven't finished the repairs to the property or moved in! :wacko::eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom