Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Things I'd like to say but can't:
"man, who'da thunk that of all places, a cycling forum would be full of reactionary dipshoots"
:whistle:
Feel free to try that again in English ......^_^

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Ok
"Who would have ever considered that a cycling forum would attract the kind of person so opposed to political or societal change that they feel personally threatened by the very concept of mixed-race representation on television adverts?"
I've put him on ignore, but #whiteprivilege and all that....

Landsurfer

Veteran
Ok
"Who would have ever considered that a cycling forum would attract the kind of person so opposed to political or societal change that they feel personally threatened by the very concept of mixed-race representation on television adverts?"
AAHH thats better ... us immigrants sometimes have a slight issue with the more difficult language ..... Who do you think is the person that feels threatened ?

Landsurfer

Veteran
Just to be clear: I'm not saying it is a bad thing that people of different groups are featured in adverts, this would be a very odd position for a migrant in a mixed race marriage to take after all, but the theory that for many underpins this does concern me.
Totally agree with you .....

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Mod note:

Guys, please don't hijack the thread for this discussion. It is not the place for it.
Could you separate them off to a new thread?
Mind, I'm not sure how much traction it'd get, the poster appears to be unable to provide any evidence for his assertions.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Could you separate them off to a new thread?
Mind, I'm not sure how much traction it'd get, the poster appears to be unable to provide any evidence for his assertions.
I could but frankly I know where it would end up - getting locked and probably having to be moved into a corner of the mod room to moulder with other similar threads.

@Landsurfer may start a thread if he wishes but I woud prefer if it was left at that.

Lullabelle

Banana
Sorry, you want me to call the driver to see where he is and how long it will take him to get to you? Yeah sure, he and I only met about 30 minutes ago-best mates now-have his phone number so yeah I will call him for you :dry:

Top Bottom