Things you've forgotten...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Sh4rkyBloke said:
what's this 'writing' of which you speak?...

These days if I have to write anything longer than a shopping list my fingers seize up, can't believe how I used to sit in 3hr exams scrawling out page after page.

Things I've forgotten....

Almost everything I had to scrawl out in those 3hr exams:rolleyes:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
beanzontoast said:
I've also forgotten the surname of a girl I went out with 30 years ago.
You used to ask them their surnames ! :ohmy:

ChrisKH said:
It's the opposite way round in our house. I have a very bad short term memory and am terrible with names, but my long term memory is spot on. Once had a marital argument over a film my wife went to see. She said I had seen it and went with her. I never did. She blustered for about an hour and then next day admitted it was with someone else. :ohmy:

I hope that was before you were married. :rolleyes:

bobg

Über Member
I bought a little notebook last week to jot down things I needed to remember... put the bloody thing somewhere safe and forgot where I put it. Went out today to get another one, popped ino the library and forgot all about it.

Maz

Guru
I've forgotten how to work out the square root of a given number to any number of decimal places. We used to do this at junior school. It sort of looked like the way you'd lay out a long division calculation...

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I've forgotten how to play the organ. B) Oh, I mean keyboard :hyper:

asterix

Comrade Member
Work. Haven't done it since redundancy nearly 4 years ago.

Ride anything except a Brompton. My new bike was ordered late October and arrived Monday when I had a nasty cold. When I first rode it, today, I was instantly reminded how wonderful it was to ride a decent bike*. Gotta get out again tomorrow before the snow comes..

*Bromptons are all very well but..

Gromit

Über Member
I once forgot that I had taken my dog to the shops, I left her tided to the railings. I managed to get all the way home before realizing. :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I forget what I did yesterday, said yesterday, said ten minutes ago....the down side is my wife remembers everything....doh...........

What was this thread about..................:biggrin:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I was recently diagnosed with a cross between Deja Vu and amnesia. It's where you get an uncomfortable feeling that there's something you ought to have remembered even before you've forgotten it.......

I've forgotten my new wedge bag, I left it in the office but that's not too important :sad:

A few weeks back I managed to cycle to the office without noticing I'd forgot my helmet; that night I was certain somebody had hidden it :blush:

Touch wood that although I'd forget my head if it wasn't actually screwed on, I've never forgotten anything too important, I think :ohmy:

djb1971

Legendary Member
Many moons ago I had an accident on a bmx and lost my memory for 2 weeks due to a severee knock on the noggin. I didn't recognise family members or know where I lived etc.

To this day I still can't recall any events around the accident and it's screwed my short term memory to this day. I have to write everything down, names etc are a nightmare with new acquaintances, my memory is sh*t .

Anyway - wear a helmet. It wont stop a car from squashing you but it will help you to remember what the **** you walked into a room for if you fall off :sad:

Top Bottom