Things you've forgotten...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't mean someone's phone number, or what the square root of 169 is but the more important things in life...

...like at what age did Hula Hoops stop fitting on your fingers? I must have tried at some point and realised they didn't any more - but when?!

I've forgotten how to run, it seems to me. I had to dash to make the postbox yesterday and was amazed how uncoordinated I felt, even given I had a big coat on and was trying not to lose my mobile phone out of one pocket.

I've also forgotten the surname of a girl I went out with 30 years ago. It doesn't really bug me and is of no consequence, but it's totally gone. I'm pretty sure I shall never remember it again now.

Mr Pig

I have a terrible memory. I forget things I did yesterday!

Unlike my dear wife, who remembers every word from every conversation we had fifteen years ago!...

ChrisKH

Guru
Mr Pig said:
I have a terrible memory. I forget things I did yesterday!

Unlike my dear wife, who remembers every word from every conversation we had fifteen years ago!...

It's the opposite way round in our house. I have a very bad short term memory and am terrible with names, but my long term memory is spot on. Once had a marital argument over a film my wife went to see. She said I had seen it and went with her. I never did. She blustered for about an hour and then next day admitted it was with someone else. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've never forgotten when hula hoops stopped fitting on my fingers, because...

They still do! I have very dainty fingers.

gary r

Guru
i still keep forgeting i moved house,I still ocasionally drive back to my old house!!!! I moved 2 months ago!!!!!

Uncle Mort said:
Latin. I have an A grade A-level in it and I can just about manage "amo amas amat" now. It was never terribly useful, but I enjoyed it.

Good post Uncle...Quod Erat Demonstrandum...:biggrin:

I think I have probably lost the art of seeing - in order to draw. Proportion, shape, angle - that sort of thing.:evil:

I'll get it back though...:evil:

02GF74

Über Member
most recently I forgot the name of the actor that played Norman Bates in Pschyo (the original one).

longers

Legendary Member
I've forgotten when you're supposed to use "yours faithfully" and when it's best to use "yours sincerely".

Can anyone help? I'm writing a letter at the moment.

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
I've forgotten when you're supposed to use "yours faithfully" and when it's best to use "yours sincerely".

Can anyone help? I'm writing a letter at the moment.

Faithfully with Dear Sir, sincerely with Dear <insert name>... I think.

Top Bottom