Think I am being dumped by text!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Night Train said:
I might as well jump before I am pushed.

:wacko:
That's hardly the bloody attitude is it? She's maybe just had a bad day...

buggi

Bird Saviour
Can i ask you something without you jumping down my throat?

if you are only getting a maximum of 4 hours sleep a night, i would say you are weary and you are probably a right moody git and you don't even realise it. do you think that might be a possibility???

i'm not saying you are, but saying maybe you should take a step back and think about this. it could be the cause of your migraines also.

Maybe before you jump ship you should talk to her (yes, you phone her, don't be stubborn) and tell her you will try to get more sleep (at least 6 or 7 hours) and then see how things go.

she probably texted because she doesn't know how to approach it, and also when you speak to someone the conversation can easily go the way you don't want it to go, and you can't get your point across, so in a text you can say exactly what you feel and let the person think about it before speaking to them.

i personally think that you might be FUKIN KNACKERED and WEARY and you don't even realise it.

ps. its ok to only see someone once or twice a week, but if you turn up constantly knackered that can become a problem. you may arrange stuff to do, but if you are knackered when you are doing it, its no fun for either of you.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
It's been a few days now since she has 'gone quiet' on me. I could sort of feel it coming in the lack of response to me since Sunday evening. We are normally very chatty.

buggi

Bird Saviour
and even if you take her out of the equation 3-4 hours sleep is not good for anyone on a long term basis. maybe you need to cut something down, sounds like you have too much on. No wonder you have migraines, surprised you're not having a nervous breakdown lol

buggi

Bird Saviour
phone her tomorrow and tell her you think you are too tired all the time and you will try and do something about getting more sleep and if she feels like things haven't improved in a couple of months then you can both consider what you are going to do.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
buggi said:
Can i ask you something without you jumping down my throat?

if you are only getting a maximum of 4 hours sleep a night, i would say you are weary and you are probably a right moody git and you don't even realise it. do you think that might be a possibility???

i'm not saying you are, but saying maybe you should take a step back and think about this. it could be the cause of your migraines also.

i personally think that you might be FUKIN KNACKERED and WEARY and you don't even realise it.
Yes, I am tired but that hasn't changed in the time we have known each other. If I am a moody git then that's how I was when she first met me. She says I am lovely the rest of the time when I am not weary and with a migraine.

For about the last ten years or so I have worked hard, played hard and then rested hard to 'catch up'. I have tried being different but it doesn't seem to work very well. More sleep actually brought on the migraines which is why I just sleep until I wake and then get up and do stuff.

buggi

Bird Saviour
yes, you probably were moody at the beginning, but that was when she was still exciting about hooking up with you, and you were easily forgiven, but if someone is tired/migraine all the time it can eventually start to get to you. Its like having a new car... you don't mind paying out the nose for it when you're all excited about it but one year down the line when your broke, the car you still love, but the payments are getting too much, and you start to wonder if it's worth it.

why don't you go see a doctor about your migraines. i've never heard of sleep causing migraines, its usually something else.

i'm not saying this is entirely your fault but i do think your sleep depravation has a lot to do with it.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
buggi said:
phone her tomorrow and tell her you think you are too tired all the time and you will try and do something about getting more sleep and if she feels like things haven't improved in a couple of months then you can both consider what you are going to do.
I offered to phone her but she didn't want to talk about it tonight. She said maybe tomorrow. Tommorow is my one night out a month with the people from my MSc and I haven't been for a couple of months. I will give my appologies and try to phone her.

It is only me that bothers to phone anyway.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Night Train said:
For about the last ten years or so I have worked hard, played hard and then rested hard to 'catch up'.

You're getting older. your body has had enough! you need to change this. You can't keep living like that.

buggi

Bird Saviour
if she doesn't want to talk tomorrow, send her a text telling her you are going to get to the docs about your migraines, and you are going to start getting more sleep more regularly to try and fix your "weariness" as you want to fix what is wrong and hopefully things will improve, and that you would like to speak to her at the weekend.

then go out with your friends and phone her on saturday. it won't hurt her to read your text and have a good think about it.

if she still doesn't want to speak then still see the doc and get more sleep because i think your migraines are your body's way of saying i've had enough and you need to think about how you are going to tackle this problem anyway.

Noodley

Bloody hell buggi, how much can someone not want to speak! :smile:

She may have had a bad day, but a bad fortnight?? :wacko:

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
buggi said:
yes, you probably were moody at the beginning, but that was when she was still exciting about hooking up with you, and you were easily forgiven, but if someone is tired/migraine all the time it can eventually start to get to you.
I don't think I am particularly moody. I have been in the past, that is one reason I joined the theatre, it gave me a non work past time that made me 'live' again. I think I have had two migraines since we have been together. They are quite well managed by medication. With hindsight I think she has made noises about my power napping whenever there is nothing going on when we are not together. She says No sympathy for being tired as she is a mum and I don't know what tired is.

buggi said:
why don't you go see a doctor about your migraines. i've never heard of sleep causing migraines, its usually something else. .
The doc doesn't know what causes the migraines but says they are cluster headaches. I know that if I try to sleep past the point I wake up I get a banging head and without medication I will get that every morning for maybe 3-4 days in a row each week.

buggi

Bird Saviour
awww, screw her then hun. if anyone told me i couldn't power nap i'd be well pissed. i love sleeping lol.

you're not depressed are you and not realising? it's just you said that "that is one reason I joined the theatre, it gave me a non work past time that made me 'live' again". Maybe you are weary coz you feel like you have nothing to look forward to? and that could also be why you only sleep for 4 hours.

of course, this could all just be an excuse coz she doesn't want to see you. i dunno. i suppose if she won't speak to you it's gonna be pretty hard to find out.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've done the doc's, that is ongoing. The work load is until July when my thesis is done, then I am slowing down with only the Cert Ed left. Once the Cert Ed is done I can think about more teaching and maybe put my business to bed. It is finite.

I hadn't banked on meeting any one this year, but we met and I am doing what I can to make changes to life to make it work. I want to fix things, it is important, but it will also be one sided as now she is back at work I will see less of her as she won't have time.

Top Bottom