Think I got scammed :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Not being funny and I realise it's not very helpful but that site is obviously dodgy. If your budget is £100 you must surely realise you're probably not going to get much for your money. Even more reason to look at what you are buying, first hand. I would have thought a TRAX bike from Halfords would be a better and less risky solution!

I do hope you get your money back or the bike delivered though...
Checked on Street view and there is a building there by the name of Warwick House but it's a small, 60's office building. Could be a cheap place for them to rent and store their wares I suppose. Perhaps one of the offices is packed to the rafters with full sussers!

zaid

I bought a bike online from the Everest website (this bike) and I wasnt sure if they had received my payment since I got an error message after I completed the online payment form. First I used the direct debit way of paying, but I got a error message so I used pay pal. I got another error message.

So I checked my bank account using online banking and it had said the money had been withdrawn (the exact amount of the bike) I also tried calling the number on the website a few times but it just rings no one answers.

Has anyone here ever bought a bike from Everest bikes?

Hi Tatsumara, I'm not sure if this will help you but I believe the same people are selling on an Ebay shop by the name "Volkan" and, "VLK sports and music" , plus here on Amazon.
Hope you get your money back.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The clincher for me on the site you linked to was that it said "suitable for heights 5 foot zero to 6 foot 2, which is preposterous in bike sizing terms. No way two people 14 inches apart in height can safely ride the same bike.

Very true - especially when you consider the fact that its a full suspension bike - by the looks of it, the seat post would adjust by about 2 inches in total if that.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I am not sure it is a scam. Probably just a seller of BSOs with Chinese connection. You can get cheap mountain bikes from Tescos Argos etc for the same or less. The proof will be if said bike arrives in the next 48 hours.

Paul_L

Über Member
Is it just me or are the forks on that thing on the wrong way round?

yep!

what an awful monstrosity!

davefb

Guru
On the other side of the road you will find number 32 which is the address of some accountants and business advisers offices http://www.dafferns.com/

isnt the supposed address 32 and it says 'warwick house' , they could just be in the same building or maybe one of the accountants is running a mail order business, which started on ebay....

fwiw i recall buying things from mail order electronics firms, that were just some blokes bedroom! eg maplin , wonder what happened to them :smile:

hope the bike arrives,, i'm getting all nervous :biggrin:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Yep, £100 spent on a cosmetically tatty but mechanically sound secondhand bike will get you something much, much more rideable.

Sounds familiar.
Dubious online retailer, address in Warwickshire. Think a previous victims thread resulted in me finding a number of references to such a company with addresses all in residential streets , one in Rugby and one in another Warwickshire town.

Top Bottom