Think I've cured numbness in hands .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Hi all . After last summer riding my giant contend and over winter on the turbo having numbness in the hands even after 15min and changing position a lot .
I think I have cured it by swapping the 100mm stem that was in the slammed position for an 80mm stem and flipped pointing up position .
Ive just been out today for 20miles on it the first good weather day in northern Ireland and no numbness at all . And noticed I had more of a bend in my arms . The ride just felt better. Don' think Ile bother with a bike fit for another while just yet to see how I get on in the next few rides . Any one else have numbness needs cured? The bikes a bit more twitchy I noticed

Attachments

• 20180325_145528.jpg
    20180325_145528.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 52

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi all . After last summer riding my giant contend and over winter on the turbo having numbness in the hands even after 15min and changing position a lot .
I think I have cured it by swapping the 100mm stem that was in the slammed position for an 80mm stem and flipped pointing up position .
Ive just been out today for 20miles on it the first good weather day in northern Ireland and no numbness at all . And noticed I had more of a bend in my arms . The ride just felt better. Don' think Ile bother with a bike fit for another while just yet to see how I get on in the next few rides . Any one else have numbness needs cured? The bikes a bit more twitchy I noticed
Result! Always worth making some trial adjustments!

Stephenite

Membå
Funny, I was thinking about your original thread on friday afternoon. Occasionally, I develop a bit of tingling in (mostly) my left hand. And this was one of those times.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
i often get numb hands (and toes)... but when i'm working rather than on the bike... any advice?

Yes, does sound like a trapped nerve or something - I’d ask my GP about it. I used to get a numb right shoulder/arm when working on the bike (flare up of previous injury) and I managed to cure it by buying one of the Lidl £25 work stands.

I also stand on an old piece of carpet when working on the bike - keeps my feet warmer and helps stop dropped washers from bouncing all over the concrete garage floor!

MikeG

Guru
I cured mine by having a carpal tunnel operation.

Just a word of warning, though, if you are contemplating having a carpal tunnel operation. It involves severing a tendon. Turns out that tendon has a purpose. If you rely on your hands to make your living, think very carefully first, because I am still, two years later, much weaker in that hand than in the other. The benefit of being able to sleep at night without having a "dead" hand wake me up is balanced by that weakness.

Top Bottom