Think I've just done something very stupid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
DRHysted

DRHysted

Guru
So how do the handle bars feel?
Unfortunately, I had a similar pair on my old On One pom ss, I had to change them, as there were too wide, when I was on the drops.
Otherwise, I really like your bike.
I haven't tried them yet, but they should be fine as they're the same width as the Allez& the Roubaix.

OP
OP
DRHysted

DRHysted

Guru
OK I'm smitten.

She feels much lighter than she is, rolls really well. Bit under geared for the road, but superb on gravel.
Gentle pace is about 14 to 15 mph, comfortable is 16 to 17, spinning like a mad man produces 20 to 21. Really must get a cadence sensor to see how I'm doing.

Must admit after 4 days of work the legs were feeling a bit stiff, so there must be some change in my muscle usage.

OK I'm smitten.

She feels much lighter than she is, rolls really well. Bit under geared for the road, but superb on gravel.
Gentle pace is about 14 to 15 mph, comfortable is 16 to 17, spinning like a mad man produces 20 to 21. Really must get a cadence sensor to see how I'm doing.

Must admit after 4 days of work the legs were feeling a bit stiff, so there must be some change in my muscle usage.

What gearing does it run ? My Genesis spins out on all the flats but probably only around 16 mph. I thought the new CX specific was geared lower too for off road use

Sharky

Guru
OK I'm smitten.

If you don't have a cadence sensor, try using one of the online calculators
http://www.machars.net/bikecalc.htm
as all the variables except speed is fixed, you can work out what your cadence is at a given speed.

Cheers Keith

OP
OP
DRHysted

DRHysted

Guru
I dread to think what it looked like from the car behind, my legs felt like they were a blurr. Not bad as spinning is not my strong point, so maybe when I my best bike I might be quicker!?!

D

Deleted member 1258

Mines 69 and its spinning out on flats at around 16-18 ish and legs are flapping at fresh air

My fixed, a Genesis Flyer has 46x18 a 68 inch gear, on the flat I'm running 19-20mph, on a descent I'm starting to get uncomfortable over 30mph.

Top Bottom