Think like a driver or think like a cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm sure I've posted this before, but a boy at work spoke about coming up behind a line of stationary traffic at the lights. He was getting angrier and angrier as the lights kept changing but nobody was moving. Eventually he got out to see what was going on and he realised that he had pulled in behind a line of parked cars. He was nicknamed Mr Magoo after that. :laugh:

Driving down this dual carriageway today. Where the silver car is in the picture was one of those massive signs on back of a van with the flashing arrow pointing to the left as the council were cutting the grass. Must of been a queue of 20-30 cars in the left lane for the lights. A 4x4 Porsche goes by everyone, I'm assuming they are looking to cut in, cheeky buggers go right up and behind the sign van.

I'm sat in my car chuntering to myself saying I hope no one lets them in. Anyway, lights change and left hand lane moves off. Porsche just sits there behind the van, muppets must have thought it was in the traffic queue and they were being clever going by all the idiots in the left hand lane. ^_^

1692378711732.png

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@classic33 I don't believe you have actually made time to write to the AA about their campaign!
Anyhow, so, according to the response email, the wrestler represents the AA protecting the drivers?
To me, it looks like the wrestler wants to destroy the cars on the posters :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
@classic33 I don't believe you have actually made time to write to the AA about their campaign!
Anyhow, so, according to the response email, the wrestler represents the AA protecting the drivers?
To me, it looks like the wrestler wants to destroy the cars on the posters :laugh:
Why not, it's their poster. So if anyone knows it should have been them.

Alex321

Veteran

I have to admit, that was my first thought as well when I saw it the first time.

Even the new version would look wrong at a quick glance

Seems to me like the sort of advert that was carefully considered ona big screen in a long meeting and discussed from all angles

whereas the actual advert has to operate mostly based on a quick glance from someone passing - and hence the details are not noticed by the intended audience but are discussed in depth by the management making the decisions

classic33

Leg End Member
Even the new version would look wrong at a quick glance

Seems to me like the sort of advert that was carefully considered ona big screen in a long meeting and discussed from all angles

whereas the actual advert has to operate mostly based on a quick glance from someone passing - and hence the details are not noticed by the intended audience but are discussed in depth by the management making the decisions
Their YV ads are coming in for similar stick, especially the bank robbery one.

Top Bottom