Thinking about Brompton.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
I tried to save money by fitting my old high quality bar bag to my Brompton. It used the Klick-Lok attachment and didn't affect the fold. But when I splashed out on the block and the T-Bag I realised what I was missing. Carrying 35 litres on the block is nicer than carry 10 litres on the bars. I now also have the shopping basket (shares the T-Bag frame) and the mini-O bag. Luggage for every occasion.

Bromptoneering is reassuringly expensive and worth every penny!

RMurphy195

They do look pricey on the face of it, but are worth every penny. Mine is a P6R with the Marathon tyres, bought specifically to pack into my rather small car boot to take along the various cycle trails in Derbyshire, trundle around the Forest of Dean, Ironbridge etc. It's great for this, best if you just want to trundle along and admire the view.

But I've also travelled into Brum on the train with it, and pulled it around the station and various shopping centres, it's been folded up and taken into various stores, and under the table at a city centre pub while I listened to lunchtime bands during the Jazz festival. It's very handy in all sorts of ways really.

The longest single distance I've been on it is about 27 miles (Ashbourne - Parsley Hay and back on the Tissington trail).

I bought a rack bag to go with it, with a shoulder strap, this makes it very useful.

One of its main plus points is that when you fold it, all the oily bits end up in the middle, with the gears etc out of harms way.

Nowadays I wouldn't be without it, alongside my Tourer.

Top Bottom