Thinking of buying this road bike....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Colnago V3 Ultegra Disc Carbon Road Bike 2022:

colnago-v3-ultegra-disc-road-bike-2021-black-28827544125648.jpg

https://startfitness.co.uk/products...n-road-bike-2022-black?variant=39831700734160

£2699.10 with discount code.

Also intend to replace wheels straight away with DT Swiss PR1400 Dicut 21 Disc Clincher Road Wheels:

83076_dt_swiss_pr1400_dicut_21_disc_clincher_road_wheels_700c.jpg

£539.10 with discount code.

https://www.merlincycles.com/dt-swiss-pr1400-dicut-21-disc-clincher-road-wheels-700c-204813.html

What do you all reckon?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Not my cup of tea, no carrying capacity but one more bike on the road is hopefully one less car.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Too high geared for me with 52/36 chainrings and 11-28 cassette so if you are a reasonably strong rider and not in an overly hilly area, it looks lovely and as good value as I've seen for Ultegra at the moment.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice bike. I’d be a bit concerned about the retailer whos main business seems to be a clothes outlet shop, so appear to be box shifters and not a bike shop.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Yeah I was concerned about this as well. I asked Sigma Sports to price match but they declined and sent the list of the retailers that they do price match.

Their Trustpilot reviews seem fine though:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.startfitness.co.uk

The reason I'm buying from them is the discount.

What do you think of the DT Swiss PR1400 Dicut as replacement wheels. The discount from Merlin Cycles on wheels is only running this week and they seem to be a good price. Plan to run them with Continental GP 5000 28mm tyres.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Have any of those things been bikes Mo?

No, mostly clothing and shoes for both running and cycling but I wouldn't hesitate to try them for a bike too. Bikes prepared by cycle tech technicians before shipping same as any other retailer so I wouldn't envisage a problem.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think @rivers has experience of DT Swiss wheels

Not sure what measurement Colnago use to size their frames but those available in your link look quite small?

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
What do you think of the DT Swiss PR1400 Dicut 21 to replace the original Fulcrum Racing 600 DB. They have the same technical features as the Fulcrum Racing 6 so they are very much an entry level wheel.

rivers

How far can I go?
Looks an excellent deal to be honest on both bike and wheels. And as @vickster says, I do have experience of DT Swiss wheels- can't beat them, and their hubs are excellent.

rivers

How far can I go?
What do you think of the DT Swiss PR1400 Dicut 21 to replace the original Fulcrum Racing 600 DB. They have the same technical features as the Fulcrum Racing 6 so they are very much an entry level wheel.

I wouldn't say the PR1400s are an entry level wheel- they use the DT Swiss 240 hub, which is very much their mid-range hub.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
I actually ordered the 50cm frame just before posting. I compared the frame geometry on geometrygeeks.bike with my existing Cannondale Synapse. I've also spoke to Colnago, Start Fitness and Sigma Sports and they all agreed on 50cm. Unless I want an aggressive racing position in which case they advised a 48cm.

Top Bottom