Thinking of buying this road bike....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What do you all reckon?

I really like it, bet its quick too.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Depends on what you value?

I'm in Yorkshire so value light wheels over aero tbh.

Others value durability so go for 32h on Shimano hubs.

The Fulcrum are AVG all round wheels tbh. Sealed bearings I believe.

The pr1400 are decent mid level wheels but not worth £500 over the originals.

If you're in Yorkshire I'd suggest e-mailing Zed (he doesn't get on well with telephones!) and arranging a visit. You'll be impressed with his set-up :okay:

AndyRM

XOXO
Nowt wrong with a bike from Start. Their staff have always been knowledgeable about, well, all the stuff they sell. Bought a couple of bikes from there over the years, asked the salesman, he said "Not a clue, but she does, have a chat with her."

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Nowt wrong with a bike from Start. Their staff have always been knowledgeable about, well, all the stuff they sell. Bought a couple of bikes from there over the years, asked the salesman, he said "Not a clue, but she does, have a chat with her."

....and that person would have been our very own Vickster and she didn't even work there.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I wasn't sure after reading this thread:

https://www.roadbikereview.com/threads/italian-bikes-made-in-china.160797/

I'm going to email Colnago to ask where this specific frame is manufactured.

The only Colnago models manufactured in Italy, since 2005, are the C-series (currently C68) and the steel Master. All others are Taiwanese-made IIRC.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Every decent bike I've ridden, bar one, was Taiwanese built. They know a thing or two about bikes, they do...

The fleet currently includes an Italian bike, an American bike, and two Taiwanese ones (the more recent of which replaced another American). All terrific. OK, the Italian one had to go back to Italy for repair (bottom bracket fault- over a decade ago and many many miles since), and the Tripster somehow got shipped without a crown race in the fork, but both those issues got sorted.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
It certainly did:

2022-09-16-00.jpg

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/new-bike-day.287763/

Top Bottom