Thinking of buying this road bike....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
rivers, I was talking about the original Fulcrum Racing 600 DB that it comes with as being entry level. I would hope that the PR1400 are not considered entry level!

I've sold some old hi-fi that was in the loft so I've been able to have a little splurge.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Nice piece of kit but it's got the old Shimano R8000 groupset. Spares for that - R8020 shifters in particular - are getting hard to source.

It looks like a 2021 model labelled as 2022 rather than this year's, or at least in an older groupset that's now superceded. That OK with you for the money?

rivers

How far can I go?
rivers, I was talking about the original Fulcrum Racing 600 DB that it comes with as being entry level. I would hope that the PR1400 are not considered entry level!

I've sold some old hi-fi that was in the loft so I've been able to have a little splurge.

I mis-read, my apologies- The PR1400s are great wheels.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Nice piece of kit but it's got the old Shimano R8000 groupset. Spares for that - R8020 shifters in particular - are getting hard to source.

It looks like a 2021 model labelled as 2022 rather than this year's, or at least in an older groupset that's now superceded. That OK with you for the money?

Sigma have listed it as a 2022 model as well:

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Colnago/V3-Ultegra-Disc-Road-Bike-2022/QKRU?s=1

I'm fine with it being an slight older groupset as I mostly wanted it because of the Colnago frame.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
What do you think of the DT Swiss PR1400 Dicut 21 to replace the original Fulcrum Racing 600 DB. They have the same technical features as the Fulcrum Racing 6 so they are very much an entry level wheel.

For the price I'd be looking at a higher-level wheelset. Zed built my son's and you would get much better imo by going hand-built: https://zedbikewheels.com/disc-brake/

Ridley Noah Fast.JPG

I'd also recommend NR6 wheels, but have to add a disclaimer that he's sponsored by them - although you can have nice customised wheels if that's your thing :okay:.

Langdale_NR6.JPG

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Very nice bike. I’d be a bit concerned about the retailer whos main business seems to be a clothes outlet shop, so appear to be box shifters and not a bike shop.

Plenty pf bikes in their Newcastle shop :okay:

Jameshow

Veteran
It’s not only about the weight though with wheels if the components are better…or the aesthetic?

Depends on what you value?

I'm in Yorkshire so value light wheels over aero tbh.

Others value durability so go for 32h on Shimano hubs.

The Fulcrum are AVG all round wheels tbh. Sealed bearings I believe.

The pr1400 are decent mid level wheels but not worth £500 over the originals.

Top Bottom