Thinking of changing from Zen Internet to Virgin - any thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Out of all the years I've have had broadband since 2001 my telewest/virgin connection probably goes down about every 3 or 4 months on average and for about 12-24hrs. Before STM and the upgrade to 20Mbs I didn't really have any problems.

OP
OP
T
OK, lots to mull over, thanks for all the feedback.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
A late addition. I've been with Virgin since it was Blueyonder then ntl:/telewest.

Downside: Absolutely crap customer service if anything goes wrong

Upside: Things rarely do. The service has been phenomenally reliable, and speeds have consistently been increased. The claimed 20Mbs is worth about as much as any other broadband speed claim, but I do often see 8Mbs+, and it is certainly faster than any other service I've used, both at mate's homes and in offices.

Ben

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Ben Lovejoy said:
A late addition. I've been with Virgin since it was Blueyonder then ntl:/telewest.

Downside: Absolutely crap customer service if anything goes wrong

Upside: Things rarely do. The service has been phenomenally reliable, and speeds have consistently been increased. The claimed 20Mbs is worth about as much as any other broadband speed claim, but I do often see 8Mbs+, and it is certainly faster than any other service I've used, both at mate's homes and in offices.

Ben

Blueyonder was a telewest name. Anyway the 20Mbs fiercely divides people. Some people get 18+, some people get sub 5Mbs speeds. The 4Mbs tier is painfully slowly getting upgraded to 10Mbs (due for completion in 2899).

Top Bottom