Thinking of having my first commute this week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gixxerman

Guru
I live about 17 miles from work and I currently get there by car.
However Wed and Thurs of this week is the Annual Lincolnshire Sheep Shagging Championships (AKA the Lincolnshire Show), which causes severe traffic chaos on my route do to road closures, temporary one way systems and enforced detours. So I generally just take these 2 days off on holiday to escape the hassle. Unfortunatey, this year I am very busy at work and that is not an option.
So I have a choice:
a) Struggle in in the car which will take about 2 hours judging on last time I drove through it (normally this is 40 minutes to get to work)
b) Go in the bike. I reckon I could do it on the bike in about an hour

So I think i will go in on the bike. You never know, it might just get me into the mood / habit to do it more often!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
No contest. Only a masochist would consider driving under the circumstances.

Have fun.

Keith Oates

Janner
It could well be the start of a new lifestyle as far as commuting is concerned, hope you enjoy the rides and that the weather is also kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedRider

Pulling through
However Wed and Thurs of this week is the Annual Lincolnshire Sheep Shagging Championships (AKA the Lincolnshire Show), which causes severe traffic chaos on my route do to road closures, temporary one way systems and enforced detours. So I generally just take these 2 days off on holiday

Well, if you can't beat 'em...

Top Bottom