Thinking of selling my Cube HpcR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Caution needed if buying a Levo - too many reports online of motor and general unreliability.

Battery commonality is worth thinking about.

If you get another Boach powered bike it would give you the option of taking a spare battery on longer rides, or thrashing one battery in the morning at the trail centre and using a fresh one after you've had your dinner.

It's not as if a Bosch bike is any hardship, it's one of the nicer and more reliable ebike motors.

Some riders have problems with mud and grit getting into the drive side bearing, although i think it only applies to those who like to ride crank deep in mud.

Bosch has improved the sealing, so the bike you buy next year will probably have that mod.

https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/eBike-Spare-Parts/Bosch-eBike-Motor-Bearing-Seal?sort=p.price&order=ASC

My wife has a new 2018 levo, it should be ok.
There was a problem with the new 2019 bikes which were held back from delivery.

Ill go with a bosch or shimano motor if i do get a full bendy.
The trek i have is fine and uses the Bosch with a 500wh battery.
I love it for commuting and a bike ride with the wife.

I certainly wont be power washing or riding through rivers like i sometimes do on my bikes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well ive had a Eureka moment ,ordered a new 2x11 xt crankset slx front mec and slx shifter for my Marin Hard tail.
Crc bargain £124 for everything saving £140!! So ill see how i do with a 36-26 11-42 set up.

I cant really justify spending 4k on a bike atm.
I'll keep my premium bonds and empty credit cards.

I knew you were talking sense @fossyant

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just been out on my Cube for a few miles.
Not rode it for a while,and well its just not needed anymore
Its going to be sold ,ill keep my Hard tail marin as i dont do big hit trail riding anymore.

Top Bottom