Thinking of Taking up Ballet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I suppose my comment was slightly flippant, however, Wisbech aint the nicest of places to be. Somewhere between there and Peterborough would be excellent though :smile:
Try spending a weekend away in Wisbech to find out what it's like.

There are some nice places to live, as long as they don't straddle the A47.

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Try spending a weekend away in Wisbech to find out what it's like.

There are some nice places to live, as long as they don't straddle the A47.

I suppose my comment was slightly flippant, however, Wisbech aint the nicest of places to be. Somewhere between there and Peterborough would be excellent though :smile:

We aren't moving exactly to Wisbech, we are looking at March, between Wisbech and Peterborough. We went up there for a weekend initially and at first we where a bit umming and awing, however after spending a couple of days there it was rather nice. The people were friendly and although the town centre wasn't the most active, it's about 40 minutes into Cambridge or 20 minutes into Peterborough by train.

It's five miles away from the A47.

stephec

Legendary Member
We aren't moving exactly to Wisbech, we are looking at March, between Wisbech and Peterborough. We went up there for a weekend initially and at first we where a bit umming and awing, however after spending a couple of days there it was rather nice. The people were friendly and although the town centre wasn't the most active, it's about 40 minutes into Cambridge or 20 minutes into Peterborough by train.

It's five miles away from the A47.

March is nice, and it's got a big Tesco. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Had a reply to my email from a Ballet school, they are going to phone at some point to discuss what classes they offer etc. Looking at their timetable, I should be able to get in a full term here before we make the move.

They are starting their first beginner sessions of the term in a couple of weeks so I should be at the same level as everyone else.

Now to tell my mum.... not exactly sure what her reaction will be?

stephec

Legendary Member
Had a reply to my email from a Ballet school, they are going to phone at some point to discuss what classes they offer etc. Looking at their timetable, I should be able to get in a full term here before we make the move.

They are starting their first beginner sessions of the term in a couple of weeks so I should be at the same level as everyone else.

Before you tackle your mam watch Billy Elliott for some ideas. :smile:

Ganymede

Veteran

I just realised from another post that you've only just done your A-levels, so you're starting younger than I thought. That's brilliant, you'll get a good start. And with cycling legs too!

If I were your Mum I'd be thrilled.

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
I just realised from another post that you've only just done your A-levels, so you're starting younger than I thought. That's brilliant, you'll get a good start. And with cycling legs too!

If I were your Mum I'd be thrilled.

I'm sure she will be very supportive, even more so because she used to do Ballet... however it's still going to be a bit nerve racking telling her.

Ganymede

Veteran
I'm sure she will be very supportive, even more so because she used to do Ballet... however it's still going to be a bit nerve racking telling her.
:hugs:

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Well I told her... never has a sentence felt so long, especially when she says pardon and you have to repeat it.

I think she was a bit shocked, she said that I would probably be the only boy and that I should try something else, however all in all I think she's fine with it.

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
I would've thought your mam would be cool with it if she used to do it herself.

I think she's fine with the concept, however I think she was slightly shocked it was coming from me. Come the morning I think she will be happier, I probably could of chosen a better time to tell her as well, given that twenty minutes earlier she had gotten off a plane.

Ganymede

Veteran
I think she's fine with the concept, however I think she was slightly shocked it was coming from me. Come the morning I think she will be happier, I probably could of chosen a better time to tell her as well, given that twenty minutes earlier she had gotten off a plane.
Well done!

Top Bottom