Thinking of trying a time trial?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Wow, that is snazzy for a CTT website, lol!

Don't have sound to hear the video atm. "Come and Try It" events are nothing new though, they are basically just "club" events from what I gather (I rode a few Hill Climbs of this format in the past). But, anything that goes against this idea that time trials (or any form of racing*) is only for super strong riders is a good thing IMO, I presume this is the motivation of the video (? as said, no sound atm). Even at open events, newbies are welcomed, advised and encouraged. My 1st ever TT was an open event and to date I have probably ridden 3-4 times as many opens as club events. They are "more serious" but that doesn't mean they are unfriendly. Had plenty encouragement and advice freely thrown at me from people in other clubs when I've been racing at opens. That's one of the good things, you chat to guys from other clubs about bikes, pacing, training, anything....... you learn a lot (and if you are competitive, you also have a larger pool of people around your ability to compete against).

* Although bunch racing requires skills beyond being rapid on a bike, so it is never going to be as accessible as time trialling, wouldn't suggest anyone try it without some real group riding experience.

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
This was actually filmed at an 'open' 15 run by our club, I'd normally have been pushing off but was in Brittany. Dan is a regular on our club rides, him paying thee quid on the line was a bit of artistic licence. The course was the P164/15 in the New Forest.

Top Bottom