Third bike on a budget build! (Scott foil)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Looks nice jack.....dont forget to sell me the frame when selling^_^
Are you genuinly interested?

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I didnt mind the sora on my allez the front shifting was clunky but the hoods were lovely to ride on, ill have a shop about for frames and see what i can find if this one sells

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll ask around the chaps I know and see if there's anything going.

Buy a frame that fits though fella, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to buy something as lovely as a Foil and not be able to ride it.

bianchi1

Guru
I think you need to ask yourself what you want out of cycling?

It's clear you like nice, expensive bikes with all the kit...but you don't have the cash of a lottery winner.
You want to race, but worry about having the right kit.
You equate bike quality with cycling ability.

That puts you in the same bracket as me, and most (racing) people on this forum, and for that matter, most part time racers out there.

However the more you do this crazy sport the more you realise that the successful, strong riders don't just train hard they are born different. They would beat you on a steel shopper any day of the week. Their bike does not define them, it is just a tool they use to prove how great they are.

Go to a good bike shop and buy a bike that fits you......ride it till it hurts....make your heart rate go so high it feels like it is going to jump out of you chest....do it again...and again.....drop 10 kg.....enter a race...loose......repeat until you win, but the chances are someone with a superior physique/physiology will beat you on a bike provided by sponsors.

There is nothing wrong with this (I do it) , but I stopped worrying how 'bling' my bike was a long time ago.

Have bike...ride...enjoy!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
A big part of cycling for me is having a bike I WANT to ride, if I got a bike off the shelf or a standard entry level road bike I wouldn't enjoy going out in it, I've got my pop to the shop bike but I always want one to look forward to on weekends. I'm very happy with my cycling ability and what I get out of it, unfortunately this is just one setback from loads of positives and it's not the end of the world as either way I'll make a nice profit out of it

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Give me few days ;) bikes getting collected monday night got the full asking price and found a hell of a replacement frame! So will probably be wed/thursday before a new one is built!

Top Bottom