Third bike on a budget build! (Scott foil)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
So ive done two of these threads before one s works venge and one s works tarmac.
with the winter months well underway and not being able to get out much i decided to sell my road bike, i was planning on building a simple bike with a racier geometry with simple 105 then i saw a foil for sale with old 105 and horrid silver r500 wheels for 900 and i thought... No i can do better than that if i shop around so here it is. I set myself a budget £850 to get the best bike i could and here is what i found.

Scott foil frameset including mavic krysium wheels/ tyres £500 (found local via facebook)

Brand new sram rival 22 groupset excluding cassette ( wifli so i can run up to 32 rear cog) (ebay dont know how they can sell them so cheap)

Kuota carbon handle bars £25 (facebook)

Specialized s works bar tape £7 ( facebook)

Ultegra 11 speed 11-25 cassette £25 (facebook)

Deda zero 1 stem (£16 ribble)

2x elite bottle cages and muc off chain lube ( £10 chain reaction

Total... £853 bugger £3 over! But for a spotless scott frame and wheels and everything else brand new.... Bargain

So thats a scott foil with full sram rival 11 speed and krysium wheels for £853 think ive done well?

Bits arriving at various days thisweek ill post follow up photo's daily a stuff arrives, frame is due thursday so wont get too exciting until then.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Sounds like you are in for a fun winter. 3 over is not so bad :smile:

young Ed

Veteran
sounds interesting, you building your self i assume?
post a pic by pic build log here pretty please?
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I wouldnt pay anyone else to do it! All part of the budget experience ;) tbh even though i, not wualified i dont think id trust anyines work but my own, i know ive put care and effort into my bikes where as if i took it to a shop they could of had a bad day and lacked precision and i wont know til it falls apart on a decent! Build log will be up in this thread.
Groupset is due wednesday frame thursday other bits ive no idea but hoping to have it finished thursday!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Three parcels today, bottle cages stem and line came and so did the sram groupset... Missing a crank arm and a chain catcher but I was told the crank arm was posted seperate last night as they forgot to box it, hopefully they send the chain Catcher

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
£500 including mavic krysium elite s 's! Just about 20 mile away from me so I can't complain! The group I'm proud of too just low balled with an offer by a long shot and it got accepted :laugh:

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Bits so far.. Left crank arm and chain catcher are on the way, love the bottle cages were only £4 each from chain reaction and are much more solid and feel nicer than the elite race ones and hold the bottles tighter, think they might not be made anymore though!

It was a tough choice between a white and black stem black was cheaper by a few quid, I went for white in the end as it perfectly matched the colours on the frame but I'm afraid it will be too much... We will see! Certainly looks lovely alone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Other crank arm arrived today along with the bar tape, cassette and bars, I wasn't expecting them apart from the crank so nice suprise, saved some time by setting the bars up today.

Ignore the botched white tape that's just to hold it in place til tommorrow incase i need to adjust
image.jpg

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Looks like it will be a good build, just stretch the budget for a few large "S-WORKS" stickers so it looks proper.

Joking aside, while being a spesh fanboy the the foil is one of the few bikes I would consider defecting for.

Just one thing Jack... PROMISE you wont pop to the chippy on this!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Ive still got s works bar tape dont worry i couldnt move away totally ;) still on the spesh saddle too! Think ill stick to mcdonalds RIDE throughs instead! :bicycle::popcorn:

Top Bottom