This can't be legal... A sail on a recumbent!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Trouble with the Whike is the low bridges/ overhanging trees and other stuff we have around ... :sad:

I'd still love to try one, though ! ^_^

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Trouble with the Whike is the low bridges/ overhanging trees and other stuff we have around ... :sad:

I am sure you could organise routes where you could get wharp speed ^_^

But they are not cheap.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Power always gives way to sail
Not generally except as a tie-breaker? Everyone gives way to the most constrained vessel first AIUI.

The mast isn't that high... it's 1.6m in length and it's anchored about 20cm above the ground. So you're looking at 180cm or so in total height - about 6'. That's me standing up. I manage to avoid low bridges and overhanging trees....
How? I have to keep ducking! :laugh:
Riverside path, Bedford
3188038_87caf0c9_213x160.jpg

© Malc McDonald[/a], [url=http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/]cc-by-sa.[/url]

Tree's have never been an issue in the fens .......
.....of course we have the winds .........and Ely features in the top three for the most hit railway bridge :wacko:in the UK

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Hey, @Pikey! Spooky! We were just talking about this the other day. Gonna give it a go?

Lol! That is a coincidence!!!
I bloody needed it on the way back from that audax.

After our conversation about it I was thinking like one of those kite surfing kites could be a cheaper option.

Andrew1971

Veteran
That's not the only one. there's one in northallerton I have seen it . I believe he's on this forum too
I think it's @Lanky

nauest

I am the UK representative for Whike. Been enjoying your conversation! Any questions?

Also who is this Kevin DTEK? I was wondering where he got some of our Trikes from !

classic33

Leg End Member
Power always gives way to sail
Flyke.png

Top Bottom