1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This could be the red wine.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by postman, 13 Jun 2008.

1. postman

postman Legendary Member

Decided to quaff a bottle of red wine.,and listen to a cd from the sixties.Marvin Gaye,The Byrds,Jose Feliciano,Procul Harum,Amen Corner,Long John Baldry,Donovan did we older members live through the best of times? Everything from football the great managers Shanks,Revie,Busby,Clough Alf.Best television,comedy and education or is it the wine that is making everything look rosy.?

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The wine certainly seems to make your memory work well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Everything that I have emboldened is good, only because they caught my eye. I didn't even catch the sentiment of the original post.

4. Night Train

Night Train Guest

Nope, we had it better. We did work manually and so we were fit and healthy. We had to solve problems using our intelligence and education and so our brains worked more. Music was played with skill and talent. Comedy was funny. People had respect for each other, the law and their elders. If we did something and hurt ourselves it was our own fault because we weren't being carefull.

It wasn't all good though, bikes were heavy and had hard skinny saddles that left a boy unable to walk straight for weeks.

5. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

6. postman

postman Legendary Member

Superb

7. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

8. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

"we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing"

Sometimes with dylan, I don't think it's so much the poetry as the fact he said it out loud, if you know what I mean.

9. postman

postman Legendary Member

Just watched The Bryds And DYLAN what a joy.Thanks for the link.

10. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

11. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

And listening again, once of the most heart-breakingly, soul aching songs ever recorded. A real tear jerker.

12. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i believe it was just the wine…

sorry ;)

13. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

It was probably the wine, but, your memories of past times are very pertinent these days when things seem to be falling apart. You were just mellowing out.

14. postman

postman Legendary Member

It was very nice to relax.And unwind.Nearly finished the bottle in one sitting .But could not manage it.

15. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

What's wrong with you, man? ;)

As a naive and foolish daring 20-year-old, I demolished three bottles of red in 30 minutes :ohmy: (playing a very silly and simple drinking game) in Marmande, 60 km south of Bordeaux. I was SO ill! :tongue:
    It took 10 years before I could look red wine in the bottle again, now I treat it with the upmost respect (and always take a couple of Neurofen if I think I've had too much). :ohmy: