This could be the red wine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Decided to quaff a bottle of red wine.,and listen to a cd from the sixties.Marvin Gaye,The Byrds,Jose Feliciano,Procul Harum,Amen Corner,Long John Baldry,Donovan did we older members live through the best of times? Everything from football the great managers Shanks,Revie,Busby,Clough Alf.Best television,comedy and education or is it the wine that is making everything look rosy.?

Keith Oates

Janner
postman said:
Decided to quaff a bottle of red wine.,and listen to a cd from the sixties.Marvin Gaye,The Byrds,Jose Feliciano,Procul Harum,Amen Corner,Long John Baldry,Donovan did we older members live through the best of times? Everything from football the great managers Shanks,Revie,Busby,Clough Alf.Best television,comedy and education or is it the wine that is making everything look rosy.?

The wine certainly seems to make your memory work well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abitrary

postman said:

Everything that I have emboldened is good, only because they caught my eye. I didn't even catch the sentiment of the original post.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Nope, we had it better. We did work manually and so we were fit and healthy. We had to solve problems using our intelligence and education and so our brains worked more. Music was played with skill and talent. Comedy was funny. People had respect for each other, the law and their elders. If we did something and hurt ourselves it was our own fault because we weren't being carefull.

It wasn't all good though, bikes were heavy and had hard skinny saddles that left a boy unable to walk straight for weeks.

Abitrary

"we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing"

Sometimes with dylan, I don't think it's so much the poetry as the fact he said it out loud, if you know what I mean.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Just watched The Bryds And DYLAN what a joy.Thanks for the link.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It was probably the wine, but, your memories of past times are very pertinent these days when things seem to be falling apart. You were just mellowing out.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
It was very nice to relax.And unwind.Nearly finished the bottle in one sitting .But could not manage it.

postman said:
It was very nice to relax.And unwind.Nearly finished the bottle in one sitting .But could not manage it.

What's wrong with you, man? ;)

As a naive and foolish daring 20-year-old, I demolished three bottles of red in 30 minutes :ohmy: (playing a very silly and simple drinking game) in Marmande, 60 km south of Bordeaux. I was SO ill! :tongue:
It took 10 years before I could look red wine in the bottle again, now I treat it with the upmost respect (and always take a couple of Neurofen if I think I've had too much). :ohmy:

Top Bottom