This has to be a piss-take

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm calling our energy provider as they've estimated our electricity usage for last month at £450. Do you know what the hold music is?

Dock of the Bay.

That's right "Sitting in the morning sun/I'll be sitting when the evening comes...sitting on the dock of the bay/watching the tide roll away/Sitting on the dock of the bay/Wasting time"

It was a great busking number in the south of France 20 years ago, but I'm not so keen on it now when I'm trying to sort out my electricity bill. I may have a word...

Noodley

I thought by the thread title that this was gonna be about Cameron winning the election!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
The Velvet Curtain said:

Ah - and I thought a rain coat was necessary for Flashing ;)

TVC

Twenty Inch said:
Aaargh! I've just watched "High voltage", "At the Gay Bar" "Adam and Eve - the Gay Version", and "10 Toys that made you Gay". I need to wash my mind out.

This thread has taken an unexpected turn ;)

My wife works for a GP Surgery.... and had a phone system installed by the Contractors

After some eight months, one of the patients asked who had chosen the music and why.... apparently it was a funeral march!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
When they say 'This call may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes', I always hope they include the music bits too so they can hear my annoyed comments at it.
I used part of a signature from here the last time I was subjected to having to listen to some terrible electronic pop/rock pish which someone had obviously just made up, when I made a comment to myself about how I would never be able to look myself in the ears after listening to it ever again!

Alas, I doubt they do record the music bits, the sadists!

I mean, how many times can you listen to the Summer movement from Vivaldi's 4 Seasons before you feel like throwing the phone across the room??

And when you finally get through, you find out you have been forwarded to the wrong department.

longers

Legendary Member
I make a point of asking if they can note my complaint against the hold music if I don't like it. Not sure if they do but I feel better for asking.

The BT one drove me nuts when I had broadband trouble..

Top Bottom