**** this ***ing wind!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Did you manage to claim off B&Q? I know of folk who've had vehicles damaged (talking to one yesterday who came out to find a caused by not bothering to look in the rear view mirror, dent in his car) on such car parks and been told the disclaimer signs on the car parks more or less covers them from having to make any pay outs. Supermarket/D.I.Y etc car parks are lawless places! The other Sunday the local Tesco one was being used by boy racers to 'burn rubber'! As people were driving in and out these tossers were flying round in powerful BMW's, turning the wheel suddenly to make shrieking noises, with smoke coming from the tyres and leaving circular burnt rubber marks on the tarmac!:angry:

Even without the disclaimers, you would be unlikely to be able to make a successful claim against B&Q unless you could show that their employees knew the trolley had been left out in the open and had done nothing about it.

There has to be some form of negligence on their part for a claim to succeed.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
We had our latest car for a very short time, when we had a trip to B&Q (which wasn't really needed) I parked in the middle of a fairly empty carpark, we loaded the car with the wood we bought, and while the wife was returning the trolley to the trolley park, a lone trolley that some lazy ******* had left out in the open caught the wind and set off at warp speed, and only stopped when it had put a nice crease in our front O/S wing, oh how we laughed.

Not so long ago in a well known 4 lettered supermarket carpark, some lazy ******** decided to leave their trolley parked outside the fire escape doors, then another 9 or 10 fecking idiots figured it must be the new trolley bay and stacked their trolleys against it :wacko:

Maybe we should put a sign on those doors saying something like 'fire escape keep clear'? oh... wait!

D

Deleted member 26715

Is it just my imagination & my subconscious using it as an excuse not to ride but the wind is currently relentless,

vickster

Legendary Member
Is it just my imagination & my subconscious using it as an excuse not to ride but the wind is currently relentless,

No, it was definitely breezy when I cycled home from the LBS earlier, about 10mph from NW apparently...also feeling a bit cooler (but going to be hot again next week in SW London at least).
I'm cycling later so will ride south eastwards maybe :biggrin:

It's started blowing a bit here as well. Forecast is for Armageddon overnight, but they always say that.

Last edited:

iandg

Legendary Member
I have been there but wind in Lewis is nothing compared to Shetland. It once took me 3 hours to cycle about 10 miles and about 20 minutes to get back without turning the pedals.

I can believe it. Never been but the only 2 days I spent on Orkney the wind was wild. The 2005 gales was a wild experience .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4164613.stm

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had the roof down and the windows open on my Fiat 500 yesterday, when suddenly my flat cap blew off my head, due to a very strong side wind! I panicked and pulled over, expecting to see it 50 yards down the road. I was very pleased to see that it had blown onto the back seat and not out the car! 🙂

Mike_P

Guru
Definitely a noticeable westerly or thereabouts this morning and the ebike motor used a touch more than normal as a result on the return from Waitrose primarily for a free copy of Saturdays Times; really only pick it for the TV guide. Finding the weather forecast as bad as normal, less than 5% chance of rain said the Met Office app yesterday evening whilst it was bucketing down outside meaning a use of the car to Sainsbury's and consequently a slightly bigger shop than two panniers could hold.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Certainly windy on North Wales coast. My leg motors noticed, down to 18 mph on the flat, then turn a corner and you are doing 25. Fortunately, climbing the hills out of Dyserth, the wind was from the right (westerly) as I headed in land. No benefit on the way back as I picked some twisty back lanes, on minute flying, the next crawling.

Top Bottom