This is getting silly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

BMC Rider Ian McKissick:

Do you have an opinion about the recent talk of banning race radios, first in the U-23 races and then maybe even in the professional tours?

IM: Yeah, that would hurt my chances at least initially since I am so new to racing, it helps a lot to have someone in my ear telling me what is coming up, or when to expect a break or something. Not having radios would put racers like me at a huge disadvantage to the guys who have raced for 100 years and have done a given race 7 times in the past 10 years. So, yeah, I am for race radios!

pro's & cons of course.
To me, the riders know the course they're doing. So shouldn't need to know whats coming up. Support cars are always at hand if needed.
They never used to use them until recent years....
My opinion is that they arent significantly beneficial and riders can cope without them...its just what they're used to it seems.

will

One Radio per team

How about allowing each team to have ONE rider with a radio.

This might lead to interesting racing while the "receiver" rides up and down through the Peleton passing along messages.

Just an idea ........

You will simply get cars and motorbikes tearing through the Peleton to give the same information verbally or on a board!

Safer?

mondobongo

Über Member
Lets get rid of the radios and see if we get more attacking riding and deals on the road between riders from different teams.

Top Bottom