This is not for charity - Round The World Record Attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dpiper

Map loads slowly due to detail, but may also being under modification as the route had to be changed this week due to failing to get a Saudi visa

hubbike

interesting that you could theoretically have a support vehicle. that would allow you to go significantly faster imo. as you could have a very light bike. Plus you could get a very good nights sleep in a van. I would be up for either being a support driver or a competitor in Vin's idea of a 2012 race.

First RTW cycle race. Wouldn't it be great to say you were involved!

dpiper

Yes, I'm helping Vin with publicity etc. I've almost ridden around the world (www.tra-velo-gue.co.uk) at a similar pace (but not in one go - I'm not mad) so have some experience to help him with, but of course no-one is going to ride the bike for you if you set out on such a mission.

I'll be riding alongside Vinn toward Dover on Sunday and anyone who'd like to ride along is most welcome.

08:00 Grenwich Meridian Sunday 7th Feb

The lad did well:
Sayarer spoke to editor John Kitchiner about his gripping 165-day 18.000-mile circumnavigation of the world, which he completed late in 2009.
Speaking to London Cyclist editor John Kitchiner, Sayarer said, "I wanted to show it could be done on a paltry budget by a normal person...”

His time is the fastest yet recorded for the challenge, beating two other rival attempts made in 2009, and he expects to be confirmed as the world record holder by Guinness some time in 2010.

Tony

Gary Cummins said:
The lad did well:
Sayarer spoke to editor John Kitchiner about his gripping 165-day 18.000-mile circumnavigation of the world, which he completed late in 2009.
Speaking to London Cyclist editor John Kitchiner, Sayarer said, "I wanted to show it could be done on a paltry budget by a normal person...”

His time is the fastest yet recorded for the challenge, beating two other rival attempts made in 2009, and he expects to be confirmed as the world record holder by Guinness some time in 2010.

...er....according to whom?

panamslam

Guinness took about six weeks to confirm my world record, which I guess would be similar to adjudicate.

Tick tock, somebody has made a boobie...

Can't find anything to say that Bowthorpe got his confirmed either.

Isla Valassi

Veteran
panamslam said:
Guinness took about six weeks to confirm my world record, which I guess would be similar to adjudicate.

Tick tock, somebody has made a boobie...

Can't find anything to say that Bowthorpe got his confirmed either.

'Panamslam', I just wondered if you had read the idiot's blog and his ubsurd rants?

panamslam

Isla Valassi said:
'Panamslam', I just wondered if you had read the idiot's blog and his ubsurd rants?

Ha, yeah I gave it a scan. Kinda wanted to read about his ride but the focus seemed to be elsewhere...

The man certainly has the bit between his teeth on a number of issues and other cyclists. Perhaps some of this energy could have been diverted into making sure he stuck to the Guinness rules.

Top Bottom