This is pants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
North Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner has said that cyclists in particular are ‘a real worry.’ Julia Mulligan went on to clarify that cyclists in the area hadn’t been doing anything wrong and it was just that simply by riding through villages, they had been “causing a bit of tension.”

https://road.cc/content/news/cyclists-real-concern-says-police-and-crime-commissioner-272653
So w*ankers using the pandemic containment measures as a fig leaf for their w*nkery.

Yup!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
"A 'ridiculous' sign has popped up in one Cambridgeshire village in a bid to stop cyclists "panting" coronavirus through the area. "

To be fair, they are probably referring to me.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/ridiculous-sign-trying-stop-cyclists-18084476

I presume they never leave the village to spread the virus to the nearest town supermarket? Maybe please should put road blocks in either end if the village to stop anyone driving in and out and spreading the virus.

C R

Guru
North Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner has said that cyclists in particular are ‘a real worry.’ Julia Mulligan went on to clarify that cyclists in the area hadn’t been doing anything wrong and it was just that simply by riding through villages, they had been “causing a bit of tension.”

https://road.cc/content/news/cyclists-real-concern-says-police-and-crime-commissioner-272653

What's most annoying in this case is that it isn't the PCC's job to justify baseless concerns by airing them on TV and then defend the concerns as real on twitter. The concerns are real in the sense that some villagers are expressing them, it doesn't mean that those concerns are based on reality. The PCC should have been explaining why there's no reason for concern.

"A 'ridiculous' sign has popped up in one Cambridgeshire village in a bid to stop cyclists "panting" coronavirus through the area. "

To be fair, they are probably referring to me.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/ridiculous-sign-trying-stop-cyclists-18084476

That's just a couple of villages along from me - I ride through Coveney and Wardy Hill on a regular basis usually, but have been sticking a little bit closer to home of late.

Mind, I had something thrown at me when I rode to Littleport the other night. Didn't see what it was, but it sounded like a bottle. There are some complete pillocks around here.

Drago

Legendary Member
Some folk have become ridiculously proprietorial over this whole affair. the same villagers who are whittling would be quite happy to go to someone else's town or village to use a shop... or have life saving ventilator treatment.

What's most annoying in this case is that it isn't the PCC's job to justify baseless concerns by airing them on TV and then defend the concerns as real on twitter. The concerns are real in the sense that some villagers are expressing them, it doesn't mean that those concerns are based on reality. The PCC should have been explaining why there's no reason for concern.

The PCC has no involvement whatsoever in operational matters, and has no lawful remit or power to do so. Not only are they exceeding their lawful authority in doing so, but while they're sticking their nose in where it's not supposed to be then their own job, which they are supposed to be getting on with, is being neglected. Sadly, this is symptomatic of a nation that has always been famous for sticking it's nose in, and which in the last month has become an olympic standard event.

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Any sign of concerns about Irish, Blacks or Dogs?
I heard it's the Chinese they're after.

I also forgot to mention... These are roads where you normally barely see a soul - let alone another cyclist.

Makes you wonder where the blazes all these cyclists have suddenly appeared from... :wacko: It's frustrating. But what gets me, is that people don't seem to look to themselves first before taking it out on others...

Top Bottom