This is the reason I don’t take a decent bike into town

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
5E04AD9A-CC67-49B7-9965-9183C45F3BA8.jpeg

50439230-9FF5-4764-A785-AC19F4BAD6C3.jpeg

B91FDA9D-7615-4B58-AA2E-06A5D410E569.jpeg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Oh dear, sorry. At least with it being Sainsbury's they should do the decent thing.

DSK

I have a gut feeling Sainsbury's will reject it without;

Witness statement and details or, CCTV.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's well written on A4 paper and enclosed in an office folder and taped on with parcel tape so it looks like it was written by shop management to me. They aren't the kinds of things a motorist usually carries and they would have written on their bonnet or a knee or something wonky using a bit of torn-off envelope or something.

BigMeatball

I have a gut feeling Sainsbury's will reject it without;

Witness statement and details or, CCTV.

You might be right. I've got the same gut feeling.

I guess if it comes to that point, the only thing you could do is boycott them for the rest of your life and also shame/damage them on social media.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I don't understand this... I'm presuming it wasn't locked in the rack when it got mangled? Otherwise how come nobody else's got damaged?

Somebody's used box tape to tie that message to the rack so my guess is that someone in the loading bay has written the message.

Good luck with the replacement, I sincerely hope they hold their hands up and reimburse you with no quibbles, but I worry that they won't. Tracking down the person who wrote the note would help, as they obviously witnessed it.

OP
OP
Gunk

Gunk

Guru
It’s not my bike, mine is locked securely inside when I commute. I just saw this last night and I thought it was interesting

DRM

Guru
Just as an aside, if it was the delivery to store truck, they are subcontracted to third party transport companies, if the it’s the home delivery van they belong to sainsburys :okay:

Top Bottom