This is what happens when a motorcyclist rides well beyond his limits!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was expecting the bike that overtook the camera bike to come a cropper. Was not expecting him to hit oncoming traffic. Poor sod who he hit.

ChrisKH

Guru
I saw one on youtube last night of some young kid on a dirt bike who tried a jump too far and all you saw of the aftermath was the guy having a fit as his body went into shock. Not pretty.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That road was full of bikes both ways - you have to be careful - I thought it was going to be the rider who overtook - he was drifting over the line. So did the other poor bugger die then ?

Bit like Cat and Fiddle - one of my fav climbs - also Britain's most dangerous road.......

Will1985

Über Member
Lincolnshire is dangerous too - they open up on the straight bits and breeze past anything. I was passed close once by a couple of bikes which were probably doing a ton given the ease at which they were passing other cars up ahead.

That is incredibly reckless riding. The worrying thing is that you could subsitute a cyclist for the innocent biker and even a car for the camera vehicle and the outcome would be the same. Wasn't it Rhyl a few years back where 4 cyclists were killed by a reckless driver?

fossyant

The Rhyl incident was a driver with a totally defective car, sh!t tyres and poor driving in icy conditions.... - very poor as I've often ridden that road when at my folks caravan....and currently drive along there (in laws hav a caravan - no road bike allowed though) - it's a rough 'chipping' surfaced road...so why the car slid so badly...hmmm..... !!!

The guy in the vid was pushing it, but totally overcooked it... just shows you how easy that can happen even if the ride looked reasonably controlled.....hmmmm

fossyant

What spooks me when cycling, is when the bikers are canning it, you can't hear them until the bloody thing is upon you......sheesh you don't half jump........

Night Train

Maker of Things
fossyant said:
What spooks me when cycling, is when the bikers are canning it, you can't hear them until the bloody thing is upon you......sheesh you don't half jump........
It is just as bad when driving. First indication is the scream of the engine as it zips past at 150+mph on the motorway.

Top Bottom