This left me quite shaken last night, and i was not even involved.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boragaincyclist

Regular
This sentiment has already been mentioned but the passing biker was going to pass and then heard the truck coming up on the right and that surprised him so he swerved back in only to strike the bloke on the Boris Bike.

It was no way intentional, I've got to question the situational awareness of people who think that!

MarkF

Guru
This sentiment has already been mentioned but the passing biker was going to pass and then heard the truck coming up on the right and that surprised him so he swerved back in only to strike the bloke on the Boris Bike.

It was no way intentional, I've got to question the situational awareness of people who think that!

What happened to the clueless riders "situational awareness"?

He has transferred (deliberately or not) the danger, created by him alone, from him, onto another cyclist, and that is unforgivable.

Last edited:

Boragaincyclist

Regular
I know but I mean it's fairly obvious that he was spooked by the truck, not excusing his actions but that was the reason for what happened, that's all I meant.

Kosong

Complete bellend. Hats off to the Boris biker though, managing to stay calm and controlled and not knocking the twat out at the lights. Seen too much of this shite in London where people get cocky and forget you are sharing the roads with other levels of cyclists, vehicles etc. It's not a game!

Also he could have been on a boris bike as his was broken, stolen etc or perhaps he was giving the riding to work a go before commiting to buying a bike. Not all Boris bikers are 'tourists' and I'd say his riding was far better compared to the twat overtaking!

beany_bot

Veteran
OMG he was inches from death. Scary.

P.S. Is this what you get for a "cycle lane" down south? What is that...like 8 inches wide? Crazy.
We have got full width lanes up here. I shall be thankful for evermore!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not winding you up mate but honestly I haven't. I'm in Glasgow. All our cycle lanes are full width lanes. Granted they are bus lanes too but never had any bother with buses.
Ah, there are some of those in London, too. They suck more because of all the taxis than the buses. :sad:

beany_bot

Veteran
Ah, there are some of those in London, too. They suck more because of all the taxis than the buses. :sad:
Yeah Taxis worse than buses for sure. But I guess just having less traffic generally up here leads to less "jostling" for space so typically it's not a problem.

And back on topic.

This is the moment that poor buy nearly died...
Untitled.png

beany_bot

Veteran
Funny that the cyclist barging past will doubt doubt have screamed at a car driver at one time that cyclists need 6 feet clearance....Then proceeds to give this guy (and more than likely other cyclists) about an inch.

Top Bottom