This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Who on earth are these ''normal visitors'' they're talking about?:whistle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
We couldnt manage properly without an oven, mine packed up x mas day and i had to buy and install a new one the next day .

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We adapted after living on the road for a year. I think it is the only reason we have survived this long without one. We are quite excited about getting one! It's the little things in life really :biggrin:
The previous people took the oven and as we were going to get a new kitchen at first it seemed worth waiting. At first I survived with just the microwave oven, gradually it really began to miss not baking and declared I wasn't cooking another Christmas dinner in the microwave oven, and that couldn't we move the oven into the new kitchen. (And that was a full Christmas dinner with roast vet, pigs in blankets, stuffing etc but required military precision to swap food in and out to have it all cooked at the same time!)

The previous people took the oven and as we were going to get a new kitchen at first it seemed worth waiting. At first I survived with just the microwave oven, gradually it really began to miss not baking and declared I wasn't cooking another Christmas dinner in the microwave oven, and that couldn't we move the oven into the new kitchen. (And that was a full Christmas dinner with roast vet, pigs in blankets, stuffing etc but required military precision to swap food in and out to have it all cooked at the same time!)
We are lucky. Our landlady decided that our kitchen needed updating. I think it days from the 70' s though that compiled be a touch generous, after she came to see me a couple of times whilst I have been bed bound. We had already agreed to house and dog sit for her back in September before they booked their 5 week cruise and when she asked me if there was anything thwart could be done to improve the kitchen other than updating it I asked if it was possible to have an oven... We have 4 has rings but that is all. She agreed to put an oven in and take a partition out. We've had a little say in the design but not in the choice of product if you get me. We are also getting some more electrical points put in as well because too many thing run off 1 electrical socket... We are losing the address where we store out cycling kit and helmets, so a little reordering will be necessary once I can cycle again but it's a small price to pay for a new kitchen and because we have here house for the time she is away, the kitchen is being done in the next 4 weeks... It's going to be interesting because whilst we are in her home e will only have an aga to cook on and the rings only have 3 settings! It's been 20 years since I left cooked anything on or in an aga.

Top Bottom