This Weather Concerns me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Legendary Member
Location
Wales
rnscotch said:
I feel your pain mrs plax as i had my own off on fri.. hopefuly as you said it's all just cosmetic damage and i hope you are ok... what struck me on fri was how god damn fast you hit the ground.

Yep, hit the ground before I realised what had happened!

EDIT - my jacket is filthy. I've ordered some nikwash stuff from CRC so homefully it will arrive shortly. Anyone experience of washing waterproofs with a mesh liner? Do you rub some of the wash into the particularly grubby bits first (a bit like you would use a stain remover)?
 

LLB

Guest
As long as it is only the weather which is cold and not the climate, we are still not allowed to turn up the gas fire - apparently
 

J4CKO

Guru
I got up, saw an inch of Snow and bailed, scared myself the other week with the Land Rover sliding towards me, I suppose my thinking is that if I fall off by making a daft decision to cyclen when I shouldnt, I then may end up hurting myself and precluding myself from cycling when its ok. Also, wasnt convinced the showers wouldnt be frozen. I am itching to get back on it after the break and blow the cobwebs out



Migth have a go if its really snowy, just nip out when its quiet.
 
OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Legendary Member
Location
West Midlands
Walking is hard enough now.
The snow is compacting and there are patches which are very icy so i have had to walk in the road
 

Riding in Circles

Legendary Member
Location
EDINBURGH
J4CKO said:
I got up, saw an inch of Snow and bailed, scared myself the other week with the Land Rover sliding towards me,

That is the only worry I have in this weather, being on three wheels I feel very safe in myself but I worry about car drivers sliding into me, I have not had any close calls thus far but it is a constant concern non the less.
 

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Location
York
Sounds like I made the right decision to take the car, though I was gutted not to get in my first commute of the year. When will this bl***y icy weather end?;)
 

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Location
Wolves
Snow is well compacted here now, with loads of ridgy slush *yuk*.

With temps of - 6 deg C expected tonight, I definately will be using the car.

I'm with you Helen - getting sick of it now!
 

LLB

Guest
mickle said:
Never miss an opportunity to bang your lonely drum do you, you slap headed midget.

How dare you take the piss out of Bald people. MrP will never forgive you ;)
 

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Location
...on the slake
Is it worth investing in some nobbly tyres - would they make a difference?
I realise it's probably harder work cycling but better than no cycling at all which is what I'm doing unless it's an afternoon ride when the roads have de-iced a bit.
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
MTB tyres/knobbly ones won't help on ICE - I crashed out 3 times a few years back commuting on my MTB - all on the same journey.

The temps are remaining like this till at least early next week - bugger... might just have to do some spinning classes for a laugh !!! At least my car won't freeze up if I have to use it....
 

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Location
Wolves
fossyant said:
might just have to do some spinning classes for a laugh !!!

Last time I did spin, I certainly wasn't laughing - more like gasping for breath although I tried to make it look like I was having a hoot :ohmy:
 
It actually turned out to be not bad and I had very considerate drivers behind me that patiently waited whilst I negotiated rabs, etc. OT I need to by a new rear brake pad and I didn't fancy the cycle to a lbs I just wanted to get home before the temperature dropped any further.
 

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Location
'ampsheeeer
Got up this morning, switched on me light and felt very cold ;)

Outside was covered in ice again, I went to get the bus today and as I was walking down towards the stop it began snowing. And if it hadnt of been for the gritting on most roads I think it would have laid. Saw on the news this morning infact that the council panicked and sent out the gritters last minute. :laugh:

I think I'll be bussing all week now, the weather sounds like its going to hovver around the zero mark for a while
 

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Location
South London
mickle said:
Never miss an opportunity to bang your lonely drum do you, you slap headed midget.


Please can't you put him on ignore, because I have, and then I still end up reading his tripe when you quote and answer him.
 
Top Bottom