This years Tour of Britain....who will be going to see it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you wish to buy us both the hospitality package I will meet you there ^_^.
£312 for both of us.
If you are skint I will chip in the 12 quid.
A generous offer!!!

For some strange reason I think my wife would think there are more important things to spend the money on
I think cushions and 'wall art' (whatever that is????) would crop up in the conversation:eek:

I will probably just pootle along and park myself somewhere where I can see them but there are not toooo many other people
still gotta be careful I suppose! - so probably not too close to the actual finish

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Might camp and watch on Hartside Pass in Cumbria.Watched it there a couple of years ago and there are some good vantage points.

Reactions: C R

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
Will take a trundle into Edinburgh to see the stage 7 finish in Holyrood Park. Up until a few years ago that was almost literally my back yard and I always thought it would make a great ToB stage finish, or part of a Tour Series crit circuit.

It'll probably rain.

Amazonian

Regular
Got hospitality tickets for stage 7 finish in Edinburgh :smile:

Anyone got any good routes from the Wirral to the Great Orme for the finish on the 8th September ? I've never ridden the coast road - always looked too busy for my liking.

Anyone got any good routes from the Wirral to the Great Orme for the finish on the 8th September ? I've never ridden the coast road - always looked too busy for my liking.
I have no idea about the bit before Rhyl but I used to work in Rhyl and live in Bangor and as far as I am aware the only viable route is the coast road then the A55 - although the A55 has a cycle path but I'm not sure how good it is or how much of the road has one

Hmmm - I need to try this route out - have to cut inland (and uphill !) but nicer than playing in traffic and theres a good chunk of bike path at the other end.

Attachments

• 2021-08-17 14_53_55-Detailed maps & routes to explore the great outdoors _ OS Maps.png
    2021-08-17 14_53_55-Detailed maps & routes to explore the great outdoors _ OS Maps.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 3

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I'm pondering it. We're on holiday in Peak District and it goes quite close to where we're staying, it depends on 'er indoors.
Top of the climb up through Rainow at that KOM point just before Bakestonedale Road will give you a cracking view particularly if the race has fractured.
Aternatively Wildboarclough near Macclesfield Forrest is a lovely bit of the world. You might need to suggest a walk with er indoors. :okay:

bassplayer88

Me, my missus, Mum and Dad are off to Edinburgh to watch the stage 7 finish. Does anyone know if they put up a big screen near rthe finish so you can watch the lead up action?

Top Bottom