This years Tour of Britain....who will be going to see it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
One stage is finishing in Warrington....right outside the town hall 'golden gates'.
I had intended to go but then thought....I can sit at home in comfort and watch the whole race.
BTW.......
At the finish line there will be a VIP hospitality section. Open from 1200. Running buffet and continuous drinks.
All for......£156 :eek:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Going past my front door so I can't really avoid it. ^_^

Yes either Wales or Cheshire. It's an excuse for a ride tbh. It's not that exciting watching the race as you've no idea what's happening usually.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It normally passes by the end of the lane where I live, so I get to see the competitors up close and personal as they fly past. :laugh:

I'm thinking of going to see the finish in Warrington

Only a short ride away - seems a shame to not see it IRL

then I'll watch it on the telly the next morning

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Probably go and watch it some where local, or in North Wales (@Hacienda71 can we come to sit on your driveway ?)
Not quite worked out if there is a double catch opportunity. Could see the start at AP and get back to Wilmslow for the sprint on our road, bit boring though. Would be better to see it first in Macc forest at the first climb but not sure if it would be possible to get from there to Wilmslow quick enough. :scratch:

Nice spot near Blenau in Snowdonia to see a 'mountain' stage. I was up by Trefriw a few weeks back, no chance. They will likely do it in 15th gear.

Reactions: C R

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Just checked the route. They are going on many roads I ride. I guess that'll be me shoved down another (size of peloton) places down strava. Fortunately I don't do strava anymore.

A few years ago, when I did do strava, I was happy if I got within twice the time of the leader on any segment (so they were twice as fast as me). I noticed one day that the leader had changed and he was three times faster than me! I realised the TOB had ended a stage there when I recognised the name - Andre Greipel.

Passes within a couple of miles away on the way to Saturday’s stage finish so I guess it would be rude not to :smile:
The last time we saw it was the Castle Douglas finish a few years ago won by Greipel, that was a great atmosphere, very enjoyable indeed.

Top Bottom