Thorpe Park Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah and I don't think the Mrs would be happy about it either :laugh:
Coach is presumably the cheapest way of getting down, train would be much more pleasant - if you book far enough in advance, tickets can be quite cheap

Or fly, but Heathrow is nearest and flights tend to be more costy than to the other London airports which are more of a schlep (but again, book as far in advance as poss and avoid school holidays)

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I used to live opposite TP, before it was built, before it was lakes and before it was a quarry pit, I remember the whole area was a farm and fields full of cows, oh and no M3 either!

Book a ticket 'now'* on East Coast mainline, and it is £50pp return +/- to Kings Cross - seems like a bargain that is being advertised 'down South' Plenty to see and do in London too, for children of all ages - for free!

*as soon as your dates become available etc

jack smith

Veteran
Been here before when saw first opened back when i was in scouts we queued for hours on the hottest day of the year and people were collapsing in the queue, the park also had the cheek to walk round the queue selling bottled water for a fiver a pop

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Coach is presumably the cheapest way of getting down, train would be much more pleasant - if you book far enough in advance, tickets can be quite cheap

Or fly, but Heathrow is nearest and flights tend to be more costy than to the other London airports which are more of a schlep (but again, book as far in advance as poss and avoid school holidays)

I was thinking about driving down and with having another couple in the car the cost would be split in half, think it will work out as £75 a couple

I was thinking about driving down and with having another couple in the car the cost would be split in half, think it will work out as £75 a couple
having a car will be a big bonus in that area, and really open it up to sites to see. And the drive is ok, especially if you have at least two insured drivers.

(it is a great area to cycle in, with not one, but two olympic road race courses. But four people and a few bikes in one car is probably a bit much)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
You have to pay to park at Thorpe park, legoland and Chessington, its only £2 but feels like a con when you have shelled out so much already.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
You have to pay to park at Thorpe park, legoland and Chessington, its only £2 but feels like a con when you have shelled out so much already.

I think its £5 now, alton towers is the same

Top Bottom