Those cycling annoyances...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
the ones which, for you, have disproportionate annoyance value.
Me:-
1) Amber-walled tyres. I hate them!
2) Cyclists in white socks - especially a) if the socks are without any logo and :rolleyes: pulled halfway up the calf...... grrr!
3) Clicks, creaks and squeaks at any time, but on a long journey, any of these are a short-cut to insanity!
4) Displeasing asymmetry ie only one pannier on rack.
5) If you must wear a helmet, please please wear it properly and not tilted back off the back of the head.
6) Looking down on a wobbly front wheel, even if it's only ever so slightly out of true...... aaargh!
7) Bits of old washing up liquid bottle riveted on mudguard for mudflap. Seen old CTC codgers do this....makes me want to retch and don't get me started on rolled up 'yellow' capes on top of venerable old Carradice saddlebags!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
betty swollocks said:
4) Displeasing asymmetry ie only one pannier on rack.
Guilty, m'lud.
Mine: People simply not understanding why I need 3 bikes! :rolleyes:

buggi

Bird Saviour
the most annoying thing that happens to me is when i pull up at the lights and pull up my foot to get ready for the off.... not realising i'm in the large cog at the back and the chain falls off.

i find that REALLY FECKING annoying and why does it happen?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
mine: people who ride in obscenely hot looking hi viz jackets, usually with the saddle too low, in the gutter, knobbly tyres etc every bloody day.

maybe i'm annoyed that they don't see me and think "now there's an idea", more "look at that berk in tights".

I'm from Essex! Nuffin wrong wiv wite socks. :rolleyes:
In fact, it should be obligatory to wear them.

Plax

Guru
betty swollocks said:
7) Bits of old washing up liquid bottle riveted on mudguard for mudflap. Seen old CTC codgers do this....makes me want to retch and don't get me started on rolled up 'yellow' capes on top of venerable old Carradice saddlebags!

One of the lads at work has done this for a front mudguard. However he used a blue white lightening cider bottle and some pipe cleaners. Looks pretty good for a home made mudguard actually!

Dayvo said:
I'm from Essex! Nuffin wrong wiv wite socks. :laugh:
In fact, it should be obligatory to wear them.

yes but only on top of your helmet as faux rabbit ears - you should start a trend :rolleyes:

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
simonali said:
What colour socks do you wear, Betty?

ahem: if I decide to wear them (and often I don't) I have them sent specially from Niwot Cycles in Colorado. They are usually grey or black with some sort of contrasting logo and rolled right down.

Top Bottom