Those listening assistant things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I love my Echo. Its the one piece of modern technology I really dig. Music, radio, news, weather, boil the kettle, switch then outside lights on...a real boon for Mrs D during those periods when her mobility isn't so good.

I have speakers in the ceiling and Alexa is connected to them via Bluetooth, so its like having HAL9000 in the house, albeit without the voice of Douglas Rain.
Can it lock you out though?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I love my Echo.
No surprise there! (Really hope I don't have to explain it)

stephec

Legendary Member
I love my Echo. Its the one piece of modern technology I really dig. Music, radio, news, weather, boil the kettle, switch then outside lights on...a real boon for Mrs D during those periods when her mobility isn't so good.

I have speakers in the ceiling and Alexa is connected to them via Bluetooth, so its like having HAL9000 in the house, albeit without the voice of Douglas Rain.
Says the man who disses the smart phone. :biggrin:

Drago

Legendary Member
Fortunately, Alexa doesn't come everywhere with me, make me look at it every 13 seconds when it goes 'ping', or make me walk up the street like a zombie. She's a well domesticated sci fi robot supervillain.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Oh, can't you see
You belong to me

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
My in laws have one, I find it very annoying that you will be having a conversation, mention something like a piece of music and they insist on interrupting the conversation and getting Alexa to play it as if I'm some moron who can't remember what it sounds like otherwise.

However, it's possible that it's just my in-laws that are annoying rather than the tech.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4987875, member: 259"] View attachment 377395 [/QUOTE]
As my ol granny used to say, 'never look a gift horse up the bum'.

2nuhyeo-jpg.jpg

Top Bottom