Thought-provoking pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
XXXXXXXXXX.jpg

Boston, 14th August 1936. Rainey Bethea becomes the last person to be publicly hanged in the United States after being convicted of the rape and murder of a seventy year old woman.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
100 years this year since some women got to vote.
View attachment 394126
the gent on the left in the boater hat, the arresting officer, is my first girlfriend's great uncle.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Goldrush prospectors and fortune seekers climbing the Chilkoot pass en route to the Klondike goldfields, 1890's
Each person had to make several trips up and down the pass as they were only permitted to continue the journey if they had one year's supply of food and sufficient clothes and equipment, a total weight of around one ton.

1200px-Miners_climb_Chilkoot.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
This picture was taken at a mass execution of Jews from Liepaja, Latvia on December 15, 1941,
The girl’s name is Mia Epstein. She is eighteen. She is squatting down and covering her breasts not just out of modesty but because it is so cold. The people either side of her are her mother and her fifteen year old brother

34016883_10156086636999193_6365990810915176448_n.jpg

So many emotions

Uncle Joe.jpg

My Great Uncle Joseph, nineteen year lad from Birmingham, killed in action 4th March 1917 on the Somme.

Myself, my wife, my sister, her wife and my cousin were at the Thiepval Memorial (where photo taken) on the 4th March 2017, and then went onto the exact spot (within a hundred metres or so from Battalion records available) where he left the trenches for the last time. We placed a second Poppy/Cross there. RIP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Surely a matter for the viewer to decide? When I saw it I thought of the utter banality of murder, the pointlessness of Lennon's death, the reality of violence imposed upon everyday objects.

Top Bottom