Thoughts on a Round Europe Trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Locks I'm thinking this might work quite well:-

https://tigrlock.com/product/

The wider one either standard or long - nothing will be perfect but this wouldn't interfere with any of my luggage and puts the weight on the frame, about 1kg. I might throw in a cheapo alarmed padlock with thin cable as well.

A titanium lock!!

The only time I ever worried about pannier contents was when I went into a caff and the bike was out of sight. My old panniers were/are zip closing so I used a small padlock to lock the zip to the carrier and stop the opportunist thief. It may require some thought but you could probably devise a simple deterrent for any pannier system.

A titanium lock!!

The only time I ever worried about pannier contents was when I went into a caff and the bike was out of sight. My old panniers were/are zip closing so I used a small padlock to lock the zip to the carrier and stop the opportunist thief. It may require some thought but you could probably devise a simple deterrent for any pannier system.

Will it go round a tree?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
4d487153006097e5827006b7fa374b54.jpg

I have found with the Nammatj 3GT that I can get a bike into the extension with it lying down if needed. If that helps you.
But our experience has been that you would not be leaving kit on the site if you did not feel safe, so it is usually not an issue.
that said, we carry 2 D locks and a spiral cable lock between the 2 of us.

Not me somehow :smile: - posted it as an example of the extreme (and whatever my opinion on his sanity is - im well impressed) - no right way - if you want something enough its possible - everything is a trade off
(The geezer did a trans-am followed by west coat finishing in panama)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
west coat finishing in panama
I wore a Rapha jacket and a homburg:whistle:

Top Bottom