Thread has run its time! How is decision made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Having been banned three times since I ventured back on here a couple of months or so I think i am better qualified than most to say that the Mods are doing a very good job indeed. I would have banned myself at least twice more if I was doing their job. You need this place to be a nice cosy club so that its members can undertake temperate discussion around a whole host of non controversial subjects. Some people might say "Sanitised". Not me

Reactions: srw

Bill Gates

The trouble with being banned is that you can't announce that you've been banned. Its up to others to work it out.^_^

Surely going forward it would be fairer for the members to know it officially.

"Bill Gates has been banned for 2 weeks because he is an arseole" Something like that.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The trouble with being banned is that you can't announce that you've been banned. Its up to others to work it out.^_^

Surely going forward it would be fairer for the members to know it officially.

"Bill Gates has been banned for 2 weeks because he is an arseole" Something like that.

Perhaps we could set up a system of alerts - get our fellow forrumers to notify others when our transgressions have sent us to the naughty step ..

OP
OP
Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

We remember
Only once ??

What a lightweight :cycle:

I've had thread bans bitd, when things were a lot nastier and polarised than they are now, imo.

I don't think I've had any in the new, more soft and fluffy forum, but the place is better for the changes, in great part due to the efforts of the mods.

( I hope that that last bit gets me some points for good behaviour from the mods)

Bill Gates

Perhaps we could set up a system of alerts - get our fellow forrumers to notify others when our transgressions have sent us to the naughty step ..
Find a post of the member concerned and post a reply so that an alert is raised. reply to say "can you post at the moment or not" if no reply with on a reasonable time say 24 hours then you have your answer

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Find a post of the member concerned and post a reply so that an alert is raised. reply to say "can you post at the moment or not" if no reply with on a reasonable time say 24 hours then you have your answer

Well yes, possibly - but that would require us to notice that someone hasn't posted for a while, are we supposed to keep a spreadsheeet?.

I'm not sure that i can raise to that level of organisation, or concern.

Anyhoo up - before i become the nearly-to-last-person to post on a thread just before its locked ( again) i'd better go and get on on with something sensible in the 'real' and currently very windy world .. :hello:

Bill Gates

Well yes, possibly - but that would require us to notice that someone hasn't posted for a while, are we supposed to keep a spreadsheeet?.

I'm not sure that i can raise to that level of organisation, or concern.

Anyhoo up - before i become the nearly-to-last-person to post on a thread just before its locked ( again) i'd better go and get on on with something sensible in the 'real' and currently very windy world .. :hello:
Just apply it to me then I'm the candidate most likely to get the chop on current form. Taken your hint and removing myself from any more contributions here

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Just apply it to me then I'm the candidate most likely to get the chop on current form. Taken your hint and removing myself from any more contributions here

Huh, you trying to claim all the glory as the square jawed, misunderstood, rebel without a cause, forum hardnut..??

We'll see about that.. :rolleyes:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
You'll find the mods discuss threads and decide whether to close them, or clean them up. Sometimes the thread is so far off topic and/or descended into a bun fight, they are closed. They also weigh up the number of reports from members.
Mod Note: this above is correct.

If it’s wandered off-topic for too long it indicates a failure of moderation and subsequently locking it is an admission of that.
Do you think we read and moderate all the threads?
Would you spend the time?
Nay, life is too short, as @fossyant said, we mostly wait until stuff gets reported.
I'm now going to lock this thread, it's really not a site support issue.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom