Three 30-minute rides each week of the year Challenge 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I will do this challenge again in 2024 because it certainly motivated me to go out on a bike when I otherwise might not have bothered.

I am going to try to boost my figures by 50% or so next year. An average of 100 km a week in terms of distance and an hour a day in terms of time would be good targets.

OP
OP
bluenotebob

bluenotebob

Veteran
I will do this challenge again in 2024 because it certainly motivated me to go out on a bike when I otherwise might not have bothered.

I am going to try to boost my figures by 50% or so next year. An average of 100 km a week in terms of distance and an hour a day in terms of time would be good targets.

Go ahead and open a new thread for 2024 when you're ready @ColinJ - I will have finished with this challenge permanently as soon as I've posted Week 52 next week.

If I were you, I'd start thinking about monthly targets as a breakdown of an annual target of 5200km. That way, you'll know whether you're ahead of - or behind - schedule. I can PM you some info if you want.

I'd also go out more than 3 days a week - and on occasions, more than once a day.

OP
OP
bluenotebob

bluenotebob

Veteran
Week 52 (25th December to 31st December)

Week 52 – ride 1 (Mon) – 1 hr 22 mins – Haligan, SBdM, Geffray and Esquiniac: on the MASSI
Week 52 – ride 1 (Mon) – 1 hr 1 min – Devison and SBdM: on the Urban Shaper
Week 52 – ride 3 (Tues) – 1 hr 27 mins – Esquiniac, Evriguet, Kerminy and SBdM: on the MASSI
Week 52 – ride 4 (Wed) – 46 mins – SBdM and Pontmenard: on the MASSI (the only bike that I really trust in very windy conditions, like today in Storm Gerrit)

So that’s me done for this year in this challenge. I shall grab my coat and head for the door. Good luck to both of you if you carry on with it in 2024.

See you next year in the Lunacy Distance and HMCAM challenges.

ColinJ

Week 52: 3 qualifying rides, 33 km, 1.75 hrs.
  • Ride 1 (Tue): 11 km. Extended lumpy local loop.0.5 hr.
  • Ride 2 (Fri): 11 km. Extended lumpy local loop. 0.5 hr.
  • Ride 3 (Sun): 11 km. Extended lumpy local loop. 0.75 hr.
Success rate: 52 weeks out of 52.

171 qualifying rides this year, totalling 3,542 km (2,201 miles), and taking approximately 219.5 hrs.

*** All rides this week done in 42/15 on 6-er ***

Well, that is 2023 done with... Where did the time go!

It turned out to be a so-so year for my cycling - not bad, but not fantastic either.

I am surprised that I didn't skip any weeks. There were few weeks when I was feeling a bit rough, but not poorly enough to stop me doing short local rides.

Many of those shorter rides were shopping trips done the long way round by bike. I do variations on a 30+ minute lumpy route instead of a 10 minute flat walk. I will keep doing those short rides, but in 2024 would like to do far more longer rides as well.

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
Doing ok in spite of the lurgy - nice to finish with a decent ride
W52R1 - Centurion 34 mins - local miles
W52R2 - Centurion 31 mins - local miles
W52R3 - Centurion 50 mins - local miles
W52R4 - CX 1 hour 26 mins - Clarion loop
DSC_0493.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
bluenotebob

bluenotebob

Veteran
@ColinJ .. I spotted that you've put the 2024 thread up. Do you want me to ask the mods to pin it (I'll also ask them to pin the 2024 Lunacy Distance thread) ?

Do you want me to PM you a list of all those who started in 2023 but fell by the wayside so that you can give them a 'nudge' ?

Why is your signature still blank? - you've completed (at least) two challenges this year. Do want the CC image number for this challenge?

Bonne fin d'année (Happy End Of Year, in French..)

ColinJ

@ColinJ .. I spotted that you've put the 2024 thread up. Do you want me to ask the mods to pin it (I'll also ask them to pin the 2024 Lunacy Distance thread) ?
That sounds like a good idea - thanks.

Do you want me to PM you a list of all those who started in 2023 but fell by the wayside so that you can give them a 'nudge' ?
I was going to go through the 2023 thread anyway, checking back on what we all did, but if you have a list handy, yes please.

Why is your signature still blank? - you've completed (at least) two challenges this year. Do want the CC image number for this challenge?
When/If(!) I finish the puzzle game app that I am developing then I will build a little website for it and will dedicate my signature to a link to that. Meanwhile, I think that I'll leave it blank.

Funnily enough, I often don't see the signatures anyway. If I am viewing the forum on my phone, they aren't displayed, though I just discovered that they reappear if I turn the phone to landscape mode.

Bonne fin d'année (Happy End Of Year, in French..)
And the same to you!

OP
OP
bluenotebob

bluenotebob

Veteran
That sounds like a good idea - thanks.

OK - will do.

Have PM'd you the list a moment ago.

Top Bottom